Roli launch 2 new flagship products November 12, and 19

F*** Roli, its a BS company that never answered when I had serious issues with a Seaboard Rise 25. They deserve the worst!

1 Like

interesting , i thought they would launch a direct competition to Osmose e

Certain sites are saying this is the same hardware as the cheaper consumer version, and that the ‘wiggle’ vibrato dimension was already possible but disabled in firmware. Has anyone confirmed or denied this?

I briefly demoed the consumer Lumi (didn’t have a chance to plug it in), and found the build quality cheap and plasticy. A big step down compared to the super solid build quality of the Seaboard Rise line, or even compared to the Seaboard Block.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the “half an octave keyboard 6 dimension+” with integrated “midi progression pack” so that when you play a note it builds up a deep house hit automatically and posts a tutorial on youtube with an unboxing video following by new posts on every social networks avaliable about how awesome it is followed by #producer4life #myproducerlife #awesomeproducer life…
Package includes a skateboard, a small (ikea) plant, an old piece of (plastic real grain simulated ) wood , and a rubik’s cube or a lego.

Trains and planes tickets, where you usually compose masterpieces on omnisphere presets are not included though…

Those times…

Infinite facepalm loop !

2 Likes

Received this reply from ROLI:

"Hi Tim, we discover some issues with the Kickstarter batch we produced, but we’ve made corrections so the latest version of LUMI Keys is much more durable.

the firmware update adding pitch-bend per key will available to all LUMI Keys owners, new and old. That’s coming in January. However all LUMIs sold this year are a more durable build than those from the Kickstarter batch, which we did unfortunately have issues with. Hope that makes sense"

So, not new hardware. Still the same plastic design, but they fix ‘some’ of the issues. I’m going to pass until I see more reviews.

1 Like

Great video from WasabiNoise detailing the change in hardware. They actually did redesign it to be sturdier, it just looks 99% the same.

I may still wait til the Feb firmware update is released with pitch/vibrato per-key, and hopefully we will get more reviews from folks with honest opinions

While the case was strengthened, I’m seeing multiple reviews now that the keybed is the exact same as before. Same velocity issues as demonstrated here: