Roland TR-06 Boutique

Looks like some very fun trig/realtime options on board, not quite convinced by the hats yet but there are sound parameters which may have been adjusted in the demo (tuning sounds wrong).

Looks like the probability is a “tribute” to Elektron :laughing:

18 Likes
6 Likes

Probability was around in gear quite a while before Elektron added it :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah but check out the implementation, looks kind of familiar with the 0-100% and realtime control via a knob :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not a details man :wink:
Me and the world are now running on wild, half-considered generalisations and hot air. Sure it’ll end well…

9 Likes

This is the deal breaker. But I can’t see them being much different from the ACB 606 hats in the 8S right? Which I thought sounded good.

Sounds pretty decent overall in that Patchwerks vid. I want to hear someone giving it the full electro treatment. Flanger on the hats and all.

I guess once a few more demos arrive (probably a shootout between TR-606, TR-06, RD6) we’ll know how they stack up.

The hats (on the official Roland demo) so far sounded more like the Amdek RMK-100 to me, which isn’t a bad thing, but I reckon it could just be down to the tuning.

I think the Amdek was a kit version loosely based around the TR-606. I had one with a lot of mods on it some years back, nice machine.

3 Likes

Yeah, the snare on the 06 definitely sounds “right” to me from the demos but I want to hear that open hihat, like… 96k/24bit, just give me a clean unpitched hat sample so I can judge please. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah snare, kick and toms all sounded good, I like the extra tuning and decay options, and that all the parameters will be CC. But yeah 606 hats are kind of the thing they should have demoed right off the bat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like the sound of this, the deeper parameters are a really great touch. I wanted the TR-09 just for the form factor, but am now tempted to get one of these.

Then again, I could just get similar sounds to the ones I’d want it for out of the Model:Cycles anyway (kick, toms mostly)… or use the original 606 I have on permanent loan from a friend…

The only exiting feature for me here are the multiple trigger outputs to sync out modulars and CV gear from the unit. Not very interrested in this kind of product but this is a nice touch.

I think they introduced some nice pattern features like the instrument fills and so on, I hope they might update the TR-08 and 09 with some of these, but probably not.

I wanted a boutique 606 from the start, MC-202 next plz Roland! Complete with 2 channels of CV sequencing.

9 Likes

I also need to be convinced more concerning the hats, but otherwise this seems like the modern 606 that I’ve been wanting forever.

After listening to the demo again: What is surprising is that many of the timbres actually sound better than the original to me… maybe it’s just down to the editing oprions (or the “*variation sounds included” mentioned in the specs…)

Hats definitely don’t have the metallic high frequency sizzle of the OG, but I’m sure would be useful in their own right. Maybe a DR-110 running shotgun can give the best of both worlds.

Of course @AdamJay will have to weigh in on this to know for sure :slight_smile:

I think so too, the built in fx also sounded surprisingly nice, capturing the old run your 606 through a boss pedal vibe but with the added bonus of sends per sound, I think it might cause Behringer some lost sales, which would be quite funny and ironic.

5 Likes

any pricing yet?

$400 in late October 2020

1 Like

Quite a few demos up now, Bobeats, Doctor Mix etc.

Whoa hold up, TR-6S now too?

EDIT: Hadn’t scrolled down that far haha. Man lots to explore.

1 Like

suprised to hear peoples comments regarding the snare as that doesn’t sound at all like a 606 to me. I assumed it was swapped out with another sample. I’ve only heard two demos thus far. still looks fun to play though.

Yeah, see the other thread.

This demo at about 50 ish seconds in hear a rim and clap? Don’t think the TR-06 has those!

Bit weird.