Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

Shift+3 ‘Cue’ doesn’t do anything to help with this by any chance? Wondering if you can route the Ext In to headphones rather than the other outs.

I’ll try but I doubt it. As far as I understand Cue is to preview a single sample (useful when jamming with long samples/beats).

I guess my best shot is monitoring the SP another way and turning the volume down for the rest at my monitor controller, while sampling.

I ordered from SW in the US the morning of release date nothing yet here :slightly_frowning_face: :expressionless:

how did I miss this nice combo clip

5 Likes

That’s a super dope combo. Come to think of it, I don’t think there’s anything you can send to the SP besides note on and off and velocity. So the Models would be just as good as the Digis at sequencing it.

3 Likes
9 Likes

We are in the same boat.

lol, that’s not nooiiiceee

2 Likes

Has anyone streaming long samples / full tracks discovered a decent workaround for the step limit and/or step division (16/32/64) limitation? Obvi there’s the option of just triggered a long sample but I’d love to have this working in pattern sequence mode. And would prefer to avoid chaining a large number of patterns. Thanks.

Had my mk2 for about 3 weeks now - Still learning (I wasn’t all that talented with the SX…), but it’s pretty amazing, and well worth the wait, I reckon.
:
Two questions that I’d be interested to see if anyone else has thought about:

1. I’ve just about got my head round the midi in settings to connect my OP-Z, which I think has massive potential for sequencing, using step parameters, but when playing back to the OP-Z from the mk2 pads, I only seem to be able to input onto channel 5 of the OP-Z, not channel 4, where I want to record the midi notes. Anyone figured out how to change the midi out channel on the mk2, or is it likely to be an OP-Z oddity? I’m quite new to the whole midi shenanigans…

2. I’ve been playing about with the DJ mode, and that too could be pretty cool. Only challenge I’m having though, is how can I fast forward to the middle of the track I’m cueing up? I may have missed something, but I seem to only be able to cue by playing from the start - not much use if I want to start 3 minutes into a 7 minute track… Any ideas? The Youtubers don’t seem to have got to grips with DJ mode much yet…

Thanks!

Pad bank and MIDI channels seem to be linked. (Bank A=Ch1, Bank J=Ch10)

LMFAO! Cracks me up every time I see younger DJs and digital DJs! Go see Mr C - one of the greatest DJs of all time and watch him ride a mix for minutes with little more than a nudge and touch of a 1210 here and there and maybe the odd LF cut. Seriously, what the fuck do they think they are doing with all these micro EQ touches?!?! Absolute morons!

6 Likes

^ +100000 !!!

2 Likes

I should have stayed with Thomann. I placed an order on Day One and I really like Anderton’s service so thought I’d stayed with them. But it’s so annoying hearing orders placed much later from me got shipped and I am still waiting :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Edit: wrong one (MK I). :upside_down_face:. unfortunately out of stock now, SORRY!

Got mine pretty quick from recordcase (now out of stock Sorry)

1 Like

Really cheap too! 421 euros, gréât for those in Germany who are waiting!

You might want to check your spam folders. I ordered from SW a few days after release date and only discovered that they had sent it because I was checking my credit card receipts. I then found the shipping notification in my spam folder.

2 Likes

Sorry if this might has been mentioned already, but there is a really useful Editor/Librarian from Roland that makes especially sample management much easier (drag and drop) and offers lots more, seems to work well so far (download seems only via Roland Cloud (for Sp-404 MK II Editor)

3 Likes

I’ve been rocking it a lot. Works great! Like a poor man’s transfer and DIGITAKT overbidge app in one.

Makes importing and exporting a breeze

I so much wish for an iPAd version! As the iPad is mostly plugged to my SP for sampling, recording, why not samples browsing!

5 Likes