Roland S-1 Tweak Synth

Nice

Thats good stuff

Really disappointed S1 can’t send audio over UsBC to iPad. Neither can my Aerophone. Very disappointing.

It can. But it’s restricted to only send the onboard audio so it won’t send the mix if you have something in the line in. The biggest selling point for me would be be a Ken to connect a T-8 and S-1 and send directly to iOS device for mobile jamming but that won’t happen unfortunately. But it can definitely send the audio of one to an iPad :relaxed:

1 Like

Really? I can’t get it to work in logic or Zenbeats. Mind sharing your setup or how you accomplished it?

You might want to check this section of the manual – “Connecting to a computer or mobile device”

You will want to make sure AIRA Link is turned off, if you are not using an MX-1 or similar. And make sure your USB cable is a data cable and not a power cable.

also linked above:

3 Likes

1 Like

How is the envelope? Snappy enough?

Yes thats what I like about it compared to some non roland software emulations. It is so snappy that when I go to other mono synths I have to rethink how I shape envelopes since you can get away with small amounts of decay and sustain on a 101.

5 Likes

Anyone found any good alternative cases to the standard Roland aira one?

Was thinking a Nintendo switch case might work but don’t think the dimensions work

How about this? :wink:

3 Likes

Anything that fits a Volca.

Like this:

Or this:

1 Like

Where’s this from?

It’s not from me. Here you’ll find an Amazon link:

1 Like

I ordered a random cheap case from amazon that was alright in terms of its dimensions. Works great.

P.S. A quick off-topic question: How do you guys manage to get these small preview panes for your amazon links? Tried to reverse engineer it by quoting people, but did not figure it out…

6 Likes

Thanks for the replies, went for this one in the end. Seems deeper than the other Switch cases and plenty of space for cables and maybe room for a power bank too. Worth a punt for ÂŁ8.49

I copied the whole URL for the Amazon page I was linking from the browser, then pasted it in my post here, expecting the link would show up as text. Instead the preview window just … appeared.

Wish I had a smarter answer, lol.

fits perfectly inside a pencil case from the dollar store. Even have corresponding colors for each AIRA device.

2 Likes

Suspect the answer is here:

1 Like

Ah, thanks, fixed it. Still no clue, why it didn’t work in the beginning.

1 Like