Roland Juno-X

Or for 400 less

Just realized my toaster has Zencore. I was toasting a bagel and some sick pads started filling the kitchen. The interface is kind of lousy, but what isn’t?

3 Likes

One thing I noticed is that the image shows Juno-X as a model button on the Juno-X - Jupiter X 3.0 just got that new Jupiter X model, so this must be the equivalent for the little brother. Until 3.0, the JP X didnt have its ‘own’ synth AFAIK…

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Before Sweetwater pulled down the product page, there was a mention of a new supersaw wave, so that might be in the new Juno-X engine.

Are we of the opinion that Roland is going to cripple the Juno-X so that it can’t run the new Jupiter-X ZEN-core model?

Strangely googling “Juno-X” Got me Roland JUNO-X: The modern Roland polysynth we've been waiting for? - gearnews.com but article did not seem to be accessible through gearnews’ frontpage

Just make an analog reissue, you cowards. I don’t understand Roland these days.

4 Likes
1 Like

I almost want to buy one just to confuse people when I play presets using the RD Piano model.

2 Likes

They’re talking about how you can load presets of other types of synths using Roland Cloud from your phone onto the Juno-X. The sound is then stored on the Juno-X, but you have to reauthorize it every 30 power cycles. Seems like a headache.

4 Likes

You have a Behringer toaster?

1 Like

Nah, it’s a Zencore toaster. I just downloaded a Pop-Tart from the Roland Cloud. Good deal going right now, buy two Pop-Tarts and you get the Alpha Juno Hoover patch for free.

1 Like

Honestly this thing is fricken gross lmao. Just my opinion. Funny how at first glance it seems perfect and then the full reality of this mixed bag of VST + Rompler sounds sets in.

If they really are intent on staying digital they should take a page from Fender’s book with the Tone Master series.

For my non guitar friends - imagine a Juno 106 that looks EXACTLY like a regular Juno 106 but it’s all digital (ACB). No little screens, no extra effects or buttons. Just a perfect digital recreation of the analog classic. Don’t try to make it a collection of VSTs but instead focus solely on the 106 sound.

5 Likes

It’s like, “Hey look, it’s a cardigan. But if you turn it in-side-out, it’s a sports jacket too!”.
Double appeal.

2 Likes

W/e, looks and sounds great to me. Classic stuff with a simple interface plus a deep pool of options to play around with.

3 Likes

The fact that people call them cowards and they still follow their own vision kind of make them “not” cowards though right?

I think relying on old faithful would make them cowards :stuck_out_tongue:

Not saying I wouldn’t like the same but I still think what they’re doing is pretty sweet. But that’s just me (although I don’t have any right now) and enough others that pay them to keep doing it I guess?

6 Likes

It’s so strange that even after people started to accept ACB in lieu of analog, Roland then started to push the zen core engine for these newer models.

I honestly think they’re stuck trying to please too many people. Between that and their vampiric exploitation of their history, the approach and product line up is so convoluted it hurts to think about…

I’ll be honest, I actually think they have some great products out at the minute, but lately it feels like theyre putting out a lot of synths that are the same vst in different form factors with each one offering little to no real features over the others.

1 Like

It’s actually not that complicated once you understand it :joy:

Pick the hardware (or just software) you like, it all does ZenCore.

3 Likes

Hahahaha exactly

1 Like