Roland Juno-X

Don’t get your hopes up for analog filters. I would love to be proven wrong, but Roland checked out a loooooong time ago.

look what just popped up at sweetwater

Roland Juno-X 61-key Synthesizer | Sweetwater

Some interesting things here.

Balanced XLR outputs
combo XLR TS input.
BLE Midi
Two USB connections

5 Likes

Leak?

Not sure… might be i dont see any info from any other outlet or Roland…

1 Like

5 Likes

Built in speakers and zen core but no touch screen? Song mode? Roland really dropped the ball by not including D beam. It’s like they intentionally castrate their synths. Bad optics Roland.

7 Likes

Good find! Looks like Sweetwater has all the info up now.

So It’s basically another Zen Core synth, no analog. I suppose the plus here could be the layout looks more intuitive than the Jupiters, but $1999 seems a little steep for the same thing in a different package.

1 Like

I mean, it’s basically just a bunch of existing Roland stuff in a new case.

Rehashed their existing tech, so not innovative at all.

I expected better from Elektron, sorry, Roland.

:wink:

7 Likes

No sampling? It’s digital - there is no reason on gods green earth why they couldn’t put a sampler in for one of the voices. I would be all over this if roland would have made this a sampler… and included 12 pads for the drums… with poly aftertouch AND A FLIPPING TOUCH SCREEN its 2022 people my kitchen sink has a touch screen why doesn’t roland make this an MPC?

1 Like

That’s a good point.

Why isn’t everything an MPC?

Or a DAW for that matter.

Yeah, fuck this shit, it can’t even do all the stuff a fully featured DAW can do.

Rubbish.

8 Likes

It’s strange because in my head I’m willing to pay 2500-3000US for Roland to do a 6-8 voice poly and they keep rehashing zen core. Then the polybrute keeps poking me.

I’ll probably cave in and get a polybrute soon

For the same money, you can get the Zencore Fantom-08. Less for the -07 or -06. You’d have to really love the Juno aesthetic to prefer the Juno X.

https://www.sweetwater.com/roland-fantom-0/series

I suppose you could think of the Juno-X and Jupiter-X as macro-boutiques.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like the Fantom-06 is a pretty good deal compared to some other Zen Core offerings.

And the MC-707 and MC-101 still offer some good value for the price.

1 Like

This will be great for touring bands who don’t want to take their 106/60, or any other basic but fragile or heavy synth for that matter, on the road. Of course you could buy a serviced HS or 106 for this price, but then it might more easily break down and leave you with no touring synth

2 Likes

I guess.

But wouldn’t you rather take a System-8 with you?

1 Like

I’m sure! But a lot of people, myself included, are really irrationally picky about instrument aesthetics. i know system 8 is a powerhouse, but i can’t force myself to like the look and this turn off/lack of inspiration is something i can’t justify paying for, I’ll play it less as a result. If you’re someone who likes the look of system 8, more power to you, i’m sure i have plenty of pieces of gear you think are ugly, and thats okay, just personal preference.

2 Likes

I’m with you. Aesthetically, the System-8 is a crime against humanity. But it sounds nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Omg & the size just makes it worse. Even the System-1 is kind of cute in an awkward way but with the 8 and that same style spreading out in all directions it’s almost comically repulsive

1 Like

Would still learn to love it if the 2nd hnd prices come down enough - and if I could fit it somewhere.

Actually 1m I’d go for. Has the extra colours to distract

For those concerned with looks, just get the AX-Edge. This is the Zencore machine everybody needs. Perfect touring companion.

5 Likes