Roland Boutique Leaked (JP-08/JU-06/JX-03)

Seems like the JU-06s are out of production. Guitar Center says they’re no longer available and Sweetwater doesn’t even show them.

At this point the original 3 “boutique” synths are all pretty much unavailable from stores and out of production. They were originally announced as “limited edition” so it’s no surprise they are gone by now.

You can still get the JP-08 and JX-03 from various retailers.

I knew they were limited in their production, I was just making the observation that the production on the JU had come to an end…

I didn’t check every single retailer but here in Germany none of the big ones seem to carry any of those synths anymore.

1 Like

Man, the value of the JU-06 has spiked in a ridiculous manner. I found a mint one for an amazing prize I snagged with the intention of selling for a profit. Listening to demos, it sounds really great though. I like that you can turn off the noise from the chorus, and that there’s a delay effect. Maybe I’ll hold on to it for a bit when it arrives :grin:

I love mine. Also have the jp but selling it. Don’t need 2 and the ju is the winner

1 Like

And yeah. Someone listed one by me at 600. 500 a few days later and it’s no longer up. Don’t know what it sold at.

They’re selling for $400-$500, and the demand seems to be going up.

well, they are a limited run. so eventually they should go up. i’ve had all 3 now. the jx sounds nice but you only have a limited user patch memory. 16 if i remember correctly. that sucks. and the factory sounds are mostly cheesy. the knobs are the best though, way better than the faders. the jp is great, way more versatile than any. u can even have 2 complete different patches coming out of the left and right channels, so you can stack, etc. 2 oscillators and tons of cross modulation etc. it really does sound great. but the faders suck. the cool thing though is that since there are so many lfo’s/envelopes you can set it up to slowly evolve, etc and only use the faders to create patches. forget about live performing them though but sitting on the couch with headphones it is really enjoyable to create patches and save them in the ample storage. the juno is the best though. impossible to make it sound bad. super easy, few controls but they are all fine tuned. pads and ethereal leads all day and dropping that sub octave in it’s probably my favorite bass next to my subphatty. be sure to download the latest firmware so you can control the parameters with elektron gear. before the latest update there was no cc control.

I was a little surprised at how limited the run was. And yeah, the JU-06 is the best one. I was offered a nearly-new one for the original street price last year and didn’t take it. :facepalm:

Jacques Greene plays live with one by the way, but I don’t think he’s tweaking patches much.

JP’s my favorite despite the tiny knobs. Crazy whacky sounds.

I missed out on the JU. :thinking:

But will probably get the SH.

Boutiques are alright

it’s the most versatile for sure . and it sounds fantastic. i like the sh too and was originally set on getting it but trying to whittle down as it is. one boutique is enough for me, actually chatting with someone who might buy the jp right now. wish it was all knobs like the jx. so much better control.

Glad I got my JU-06 when I did earlier this year. Scratched the Juno itch for me. I have been tempted by the fact that I could profit from selling it, but I like the sounds I get from this thing and think it’s better to keep it for the time being.

The best thing about the JU-06 for me is that it made me finally like my Mopho x4, which for the last five years has been my least favorite sounding synth I own. I was always looking for a suitable replacement but nothing fell within a similar affordable price range. The sweet and polite nature of the JU-06 has made me really appreciate the Mopho’s contrasting brassy/spikey sound. They work so well together.

Hmmmm… didn’t realise they are so coveted. My JU-06 has been on a shelf untouched for months now.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

This is interesting because I never really think of the Juno as a bass synth, but I hear it’s great for bass all the time. I’ve been listening to demos of bass patches made with the Juno, and I think that the Juno filter carves out a nice space in that low frequency region; big, but also very clear.

I’m now thinking of all the 90’s hip-hop that must’ve used Junos for bass. I recall it being a very popular choice back then. I know Dr. Dre really like using a Juno 6 for bass.

Neither did the fellow who sold me his for peanuts :grin:

1 Like

none of the other ones have interested me much yet

but the SH boutique looks really nice… might have to get it

The situation with the JU-06 reminds me of what’s going on with the SNES minis that everyone wants. I want an SNES mini super bad, but there aren’t enough to go around.

I managed to pre-order one straight from Nintendo, if prices skyrocket, I can happily sell it to invest in a Roland Boutique.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they’ve said they’ll be making a lot more than they did of the NES Mini. They actually came out and said “don’t pay auction site prices”. And they’re going to make more NES Minis for sale next year.

1 Like