Roland Boutique Leaked (JP-08/JU-06/JX-03)

I have been reading a ton about the Roland System 8 to compliment my Yamaha MoX6 (great piano and strings). Like the System 8 because it has the JP-08 and Juno-106 plug-outs, ease of use=fun, expandable, etc…

Looks like it can get a great variety of sounds, including Moog type, etc.

Ok, I did it. I ordered another JX-03. I love this thing passionately after less than a week. I only have enough space for 6 more patches on the one I have right now.

1 Like

1 Like

https://awolfe.home.xs4all.nl/studiojx3p.htm

1 Like

“It does good strings, stacotto synth and brass sounds but stuff like bass sounds aren’t its strongest points.”

I very much like the bass sounds from the JX though. That’s one of my favorite things about it. I dig the gritty, evil bass sounds it makes. The chorus is beautiful on everything too.

Yeah for sure, that’s Legowelt’s personal preference showing I think.

He also used the JX-3P in that live set he did for RA recently:

1 Like

After owing & selling both a jx3p & Juno6, kinda missed them and bought both remakes during original retail period. The Juno is my preferred, just nails the early Juno sound imho. Re: jx3p… I had an amazing batch of 32 patches I made for my OG jx3p, which kept being tweaked and refining until I sold it. Simply can’t recreate most of those as well as I remember them on the jx03, and while they added lots of cool stuff such as sine waves, extended osc octaves etc, they didn’t add a ‘fast lfo’ mode. Seriously missed trick, as well as the option to overwrite the 32 beige/grey presets. Still its a nice little machine and I prefer the envelopes , noise free chorus and bonus brash sine waveform on this one.

For those not having a jx3p but kicking an Octatrack around…
Feel free to download my old sample Chain Pack (2 x jx3p chains + bonus Yamaha CS10 one)
I still use these on my OT… given lots of unexpected twists.

6 Likes

I did the same thing. Got one, played it for a week, ordered another. Can’t resist at this price.

The sysex dump capability makes the limited memory less of an issue for me.

1 Like

I’m hoping, when I finally get my Digitakt, that I can set up some template patches on the JX’s, and have the Digitakt control/save enough key parameters to kind of use it as a place to recall patches.

8 voices should be amazing !

1 Like

I have both and it’s a great combo. CC control is great for bending the factory patches to your will!

1 Like

Hello, any body knows if I can config the midi out of my Ju06 as a midi thru, and how?

Many thanks,

Isn’t it a MIDI thru by default ?
I use my JX-03 in a MIDI chain before the SH-01a, and it works great.
I wonder what kind of signal the Boutique send through MIDI out, I would believe it can be used for chaining similar synths and expand the voice count.
But otherwise, it works as a thru to me, unless I’ve overlooked something…

I really like playing with my JX-03 still. I quite enjoy how glassy the filter resonance is. I like making spooky sounds with it.

Does somebody know if there will be more Boutiques? Any rumours? Because i fell in love with the sound of the SH-2, and I really need a substitute for it :wink: I already have the plug-in version, but would love to have it as a hardware…

SH-01a ?
SE-02 ?

I think he’s referring to the actual analog Roland SH-2 that hasn’t been recreated as a Boutique yet.

1 Like

Oh, thank you dear for your light. Now I understand the whole sentence.
SH-2 would be great indeed. :thup:

The SH-2 plugout is great but I reckon they’d do a System-100 boutique first. Possibly alongside a CR-78 boutique.

Next up is most likely a second Designer series analogue one though. Wonder who they’d collaborate with next?