Roland Boutique Leaked (JP-08/JU-06/JX-03)

How are people finding the latency? This seems quite concerning.

https://youtu.be/FmnXzoCktOY

1 Like

i havent noticed , iā€™d be more concerned heā€™s trigging from an mpc live to be honest.

a small amount of latency on evolving pads (slow attack) isnā€™t an issue for me , tight percussive sounds or bass would be more critical but i cant say ive noticed any issue on any of the boutiques ive got.

Iā€™ve got a JP-08 with about 20ms of latency, which is noticeable for anything with a fast attack, which is a shame because I really like Jupiter bass.

I use a hardware sequencer and therefore canā€™t set a negative track delay to compensate.

Have been meaning to sell it for a while, but havenā€™t got round to it.

Thatā€™s a real shame as I think these units sound good. Latency issues are a total creative killer. I guess all is not lost with a sync device like ERMs Multiclock

The latency is the reason Iā€™ll be selling my JU-06. I would be able to overlook the four-note polyphony limitation if it werenā€™t for the latency, which for me is very noticeable except for pads.

I bought TAL U-NO-LX to replace itā€¦ no more latency. I do slightly prefer the sound of the JU-06 (the chorus is a little more ā€œrichā€ sounding), but the plugin is more than good enough for me.

The SH-01A, which I also have, is known to be better with latency, and from day one it was noticeably snappier in its response after being familiar with the JU-06 for several months prior. Unfortunately for me, I much prefer the Juno soundā€¦

have you tired using the external clock-in instead? that might be a way to get round this latency issue on the SH01A

I have no issue with latency on the SH-01A, played via external midi, though Iā€™m not using its sequencer. Iā€™ve tested before using the external clock in with a Machinedrum impulse machine and timing seemed very tight.

The latency when triggering the SH-01A via midi is as negligible as any midi-controlled analog synth Iā€™ve usedā€¦ itā€™s only the JU-06 that Iā€™ve actually noticed has a delayed timing, but that was in the context of a very on-the-grid groove, and in a hardware setup where I couldnā€™t really adjust to compensate for the latency. Itā€™s otherwise a great synth and I didnā€™t find the latency to be that bad for the year I owned it prior to the discover, so I may have just been extra OCD that day.

1 Like