Roland Aira

hmm…

so this could be interesting - http://www.rolandus.com/go/aira/

YES!

Volcas MK2 anyone?

This could be a good step in the right direction. Nice one Roland.

only if it has D-beam.

Lol, so much D-beam is needed! Just ask Koma Elektronik :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, that’s exciting!

what I hope they haven’t done is just churn out an 808 clone…whilst hopefully it’ll be ‘808 capable’ I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting much more from a drum machine now…?
I’m thinking maybe an analogue / digital hybrid ?

To be honest - & don’t flame me :joy: - I actually wouldn’t care if it’s digital / modelled if they’ve absolutely 100% nailed the modelling to sound authentic analogue if you want it. 'Cos let’s face it, it means you’re going to get so much more scope with a box like that. I do believe that the Roland corp have the chops to do this, if anyone can.

But a hybrid would be cool - a stock set of true analogue sounds but the ability to replace them with a modeled or even sampled version as you like to make mix & match kits…?

I can see what looks like a reverb section near the top of the panel - that’s potentially good. One of the things Elektron nailed right back with the original Machinedrum is that many of us want to produce a polished drum sound right within that stand alone machine as far as possible - I don’t want to have to go back to using 8 or more separate outputs into a big desk channels to add fx, eq, compression really… I like to get the sound right in the drum machine as far possible - that’s why I love the MD most out of all the drum machines I’ve ever had.

Come on Roland - surprise us, in a good way ! - What we don’t want is ‘MC303-gate’ all over again… :wink: Surely they’ve learned…? :astonished:

As long as it’s not another groovebox with static samples… please?

uuhhh i saw this just some hours ago and i really hope they bring back the 808 fully analog made

but, i’m guessing that roland will use their “super natural modelling” for that…

i would be much happier if i’m proven wrong

100% Super Natural Sound Engine from Integra etc… Roland at this point can’t and will never do analog again. Looks interesting though.

^

yeah, I must admit this is what I’m thinking too…

Like I say, not necessarily a problem IMHO… plus if you want a real analogue 808 just buy a M1AMI - sounds pretty much identical, but with a better sequencer. I think another boutique company are making a clone / kit too ?

In a similar vein I’m really hoping that what is in Elektron’s locked, frosted box isn’t another analogue product - let’s have something wild & digital.

I’m willing to bet it is VA digital- not analog. But that is not necessarily a bad thing as the MD and MoM are digital. But at this point at least 4 Individual Outputs would have to be mandatory for anything above a $699 price point. If this new AIRA drum product is simply a Stereo Out it might be a skip.

there’s another photo knocking about which looks like a vocoder in the Aira range too - the VT-3… A reincarnation of the old VT-1 Voice Transformer ?

maybe Roland are giving us suite of machines to do old skool electro with ? :joy:

I have given up on Roland. Each year its a build up to a let down.

Just watch out for something else on the horizon…

It would be great if this was a super-modeled digital thing, so that you can buy it on the used market for around half price in a couple of years, just like most super-modeled digital things! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (except Elektron gear of course :joy: )

Just watch out for something else on the horizon…[/quote]
???

???[/quote]
Yamaha…?

???[/quote]
The frosted glass box thing - AKA the new Elektron machine…