RME Fireface UFX+ or UAD Apollo x8 or?

Hi,

I’m making an upgrade from a Babyface Pro to a bigger interface and I think I narrowed down the list to these two: RME Fireface UFX+ and UAD Apollo x8

From personal experience, I know how it feels like to have a RME interface.

My question is: at the end, is the difference just the UAD plugins?

Or should I consider something different, like Antelope?

Cheers!

I’ve got the same problem right now! One thing for sure: don’t get Antelope. I’ve tested Zen Tour for nearly a month. It sounded great, but the software and drivers were a NIGHTMARE. I’m on FB group for Antelope users and I can see all kind of complaints. Don’t event think about getting it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm the Antelope (32+ gen3) issues, struggled for 3 months and decided to return it after several helpdesk calls without a solution.

Currently have a Apollo X8 and never had any issues…

1 Like

If you’re looking for rock solid, RME all day every day.

1 Like

Besides the rock solid drivers from RME it is also nice that you can record your hardware jams onto ssd or hdd even if your computer is shut down (durec function). And it is very nice to control totalmix via ARC USB (don’t know if UAD has something like this).
So I don’t know the UAD interface but I love my UFX+ and only can highly recommend it. And I can’t imagine that the UAD plugins are such important in a world where you can buy tons of high quality plugins from Softube, Acustic Audio, Waves, and so on… but this might be a seperate topic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Been doing similar research. I’m leaning towards RME because TotalMix FX can be remotely controlled with MIDI, and Apollo Control cannot unless you also want to buy a Softube Console.

Right now you get a free satellite if you buy an Apollo. It’s tempting but you’re buying into their ecosystem. RME seems more open ended

1 Like

Well, I was decided to get UFX+. Then I decided I could add the Adi Pro FS converter to be my converter.

My doubt is: wouldn’t it be “better” to choose an interface with better converters, like Lynx Aurora (n), instead of picking the RME combo?

Cheers!