RIP Terry Hall

It’s fitting he got to see the lunatics taking over the asylum

11 Likes

RIP.

Damn. Thats two of my musical heroes gone in 2 months.

63, wow. Much too young.

9 Likes

Fucksake

4 Likes

Damn.

2 Likes

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I didn’t realize he also co-wrote the Go-Go’s Our Lips Are Sealed.

1 Like

RIP. Saw The Specials play a few years ago. Good show. Glad to have seen them.

2 Likes

This one is hard to take, a singular and authentic voice … what a talent, both in and after The Specials … oh my, Waiting is such a powerful record … could anyone else carry this off

4 Likes

Fuck indeed.

1 Like

Damn! What a shame. The specials have a dedicated place in my heart, and not just because I play the organ.
I feel like most music with singing would be just as good without it (if not better) but terry actually had something to say.

absolutely love Fun Boy Three… a hard to define and original sound

2 Likes

:sleepy:

Damn.

Always loved his dry wit, besides his great songwriting and distinctive voice. His appearance on NMTB was one of the funniest Lamarr-era episodes: Never Mind the Buzzcocks: The Lunatics are Taking Over the Asylum - YouTube

3 Likes

Damn! I was 10 years old when I purchased my first piece of vinyl … Ghost Town. While it is a commentary on politics and social life in England, it is the permanent soundtrack to my childhood memories of navigating a very fucked up time in the north of Ireland. RIP Terry Hall.

7 Likes

What a leg’.

One of Cov’s finest sons. Sadly missed.

1 Like

I just read the Guardian obituary. Never knew about the horrible thing that happened to him in his adolescence; truly heartbreaking and rather amazing that he had the strength to push forward in life and achieve so much.

1 Like

Thank you for putting me on to these songs. I hadn’t really heard anything else but “Rudy”.
RIP.

Specials and Fun Boy Three played a large part in my musical awakening in my youff.

He was simply brilliant. RIP.

2 Likes

Also recorded a version of it, which I prefer to the Go-Go’s one, but I heard it first (and about a million times before hearing the Go-Go’s one) so I might be slightly biased.

2 Likes