Right here, right now…

What music are you experiencing tonight / right here (where) right now?

———

Fatboy Slim, Kempten (Germany)

1 Like

Zoot Woman, Mannheim/Germany

1 Like

Fatboy Slim is a guy who knows 100% that he’s got one of the best jobs on Earth.

He’s also been about 50 years old since the late 80s.

3 Likes

He also mimes. A lot.

Fatboy slims pre mixed sets he mimes over are bit grim but I did love his big beat days.

Fair play to him because he’s been doing it forever and still headlines around the world. Not had any interest in him in a long time though

Speaking of big beat zoot woman are a blast from the past and loved chasing cities on wall of sound. Must check them out again

Even when hes mixing a set the large majority of his hand movements are just for dramatic effect. Its shocking how many dj’s do this tbh.

Well most of them are just playing a bunch of records.

It’d be pretty dull if they just stood there wouldn’t it.

Can’t all be A.M.C can they.

1 Like

never liked the c***.

a cheezeball d1ckwad of the highest order.

Strong feelings

3 Likes

I much prefer watching djs that are doing genuine work. Derrick Carter is a great example. And its way more exciting to watch.

1 Like

I like to see a DJ move and enjoy themselves, pretending to DJ though not so much. The fake knob twiddling is bit shit but it’s a trend that’s not going away and plenty of djs who don’t do it.

I remember hooky from new order toured pretending to DJ with a mixmag pre mixed cd from another DJ. He pretended to DJ and did some dancing and people paid thousands to book him. Pointless getting annoyed and I found it both shit and hilarious

Yeah, I agree, but most punters don’t give a shit, and they’re well catered for.

1 Like

Supply and demand

ha, yeh i seen that too. It was at blowpop in bristol and cleared the dancefloor and shut the club early.

Seen him booed at few venues. The chancer

the worst i seen was Craig Charles snorting lines under his riser whilst the pre mixed set mixed itself. Was watching from backstage. £25 a ticket too and the crowd were enthralled.

Like I said, most punters don’t give a shit.

Most punters that go to craig charles gigs yes. Its a particular dumb as fuck crowd. There are plenty of promotors and crowds out there that wouldnt stand for it.

Yeah, but they’re not paying to see Craig Charles, are they.

2 Likes