Reverb on FX1 slot hack

Use both for best effect.

An example:

Drum sound on a couple of trigs, pattern looping.

Playback page:

Turn up the RTRG amount to between 2 and 16 for example.
Turn up RTIM until you have some extra drum hits playing between your trigs. Not buzzing but playing the whole sample.
You may want to play with hold and rel times on the amp page depending on the sound.

LFO:

Trig set to ONE
Parameter VOL
Turn down the VOL on the amp page to give room for the LFO to work.
Waveform can be ISAW or EXP (experiment with others too)
Adjust multi, speed, and depth until you hear the re-trigs fading out in volume (like a delay tail)
The “ONE” setting will make it so that only the original real trig will trigger the LFO once. The volume will fade out on the retrigs (with the right speed and depth settings) until another “real” trig happens.

You can then set another LFO to PAN to make a sort of ping pong or stereo type delay.

7 Likes

im assuming you aren’t interested in the hot local singles in your area then

3 Likes

If the hot local singles ad is like: “Hot local singles will be fighting over you if you do this one simple trick” then no I’m not interested and hopefully you’re interested in vomit all over you :laughing:

The worst ones are:
Doctors hate this woman for discovering this secret wrinkle removal miracle!

1. They assume you are dumb enough to believe you can instantly become 30 years younger by rubbing butter on your armpits 10 days a week.

2. They assume and try to convince you that Doctors hate this woman who is cutting into their profits because they are all in it for the money and are trying to take advantage of you

3. They are drawing in people who already have these fears (believe the ad) and take advantage of them in the same way they fear. This of course compounds their issue and makes them even worse.

So that’s why it makes me vomit lol

Interesting approach, I just tried. It works for short delays, not practical for dotted ones.
Not really my type of delay but testing it,
I found something new for me.

I sliced a loop with linear locks, used retrigs and AMP Decay and found interesting things with short LEN (time mode, loop off, I usually use retrig + LEN with loop on, really different)
So thanks for posting!

4 Likes

New discoveries are good!

It works great for simple “filler” delays and also as an experimental technique to give you something different from normal delays.

If, where, and when it fits you also get an extra fx slot on that track :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also realized that RTIM increments are relative semitones! Mentioned somewhere?
Notes > Midi processor > RTIM values = synth. :slightly_smiling_face:

A reverb and a delay with feedback for example? :wink:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I ended with something like this. Amen Break sample.

Not really a delay! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

That is too like a delay… a heavily abused and tweaked delay! Your method sounds pretty versatile in your example. I just stumbled on that idea during a couch session last night so you’ve already explored it further than I have :joy:

1 Like

How?!

Pressing trigs, turning knobs, moving crossfader…:content:

Basically a Amen Break 1 bar loop, sliced in 8, linear locks on 2 bars, Flex. Fx1 = filter, Fx2 = Comb filter. Neighbor track with lofi and reverb.

Plocks on RTIM, tuning them with semitones increments.
Lfos on BAL, Comb pitch (designer) and random lfos on feedback, reverb time, reverb Hp.
Plocks on scene B, RTRIG, filter frequencies / q, comb mix, lofi SRR BRR, reverb mix…

Moving crossfader, LEN, RATE…

6 Likes

Are you doing this by ear?

I choose notes and I listen if like the notes.
RTIM values 8 4 2 1 1/2 etc can be considered as root note, depending on tempo. At 137 bpm it’s a D. For a D# I choose 1/16 +1 for example.

I added comb filters with selected notes (lfo designer).

3 Likes

Dude I always think about this… but how… How to mesure values ? And will value sound the same with different retrigged notes ?
This is an amazing way to transform maybe an entire beat to a synth and to make transitions…
How you find good CC values with your midi processor ? what are the values ?
edit : I just read your last post, but those are high values … 8 : near to no retrig… What seem more interesting are low values…
IS it only working with FX1 reverb idea ?
Thank you :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

You mean RTIM tuning ? Depends on tempo.
At 103.125 bpm you have an A440 tuning.
In the example below, at 61 bpm, it’s close to a C.
1 increment = 1 semitone.

I didn’t used it for that yet. But it’s simple, I’d just map notes to CC21, as it is chromatic, no problem.
Ah just thinking it may be inverted. Not a big deal.

I didn’t write them all, just showing what root note is, after it’s 1/2 it’s 1/4, 1/8 etc…and once again, tuning depends on tempo, higher values can be also used as delay.

Why? I didn’t use it in the previous example but I had to make one to stay in topic ! :tongue:

Other Chain Gang version with additional tuned retrigs (lfo designer), FX1 = reverb, FX2 = delay.
Only 1 track / 1 sample.

6 Likes

You should consider doing a downloadable pack with a collection of your finest tweaks, would make for a great tutorial for a lot ppl to reverse engineer. Amazing work :):grinning:

I would happily pay for one!

3 Likes

I like your term invisible reverb - as in “I put the dark reverb on snare but went with invisible reverb + delay on my lead”

1 Like

Reverb on FX1 video. Thanks again @Kacper!

9 Likes

Bumping this for the uninitiated. I literally just found out.

5 Likes