Reverb on FX1 slot hack

I’m amazed that nobody discovered this before. Great find!

2 Likes

I’m impressed by all the possibilities ! You guys are amazing ! I only have OT second week now and you already gave me so many ideas that I may call in sick tomorrow haha
:star_struck:

2 Likes

Really good start :smile: ! Was it intendend (Fx2 copy)?

3 Likes

Yes i wanted to see whats going to happen, you should see my face when it worked :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Soooo excited to try this tonight! No more burning two tracks to have rev + delay available for an external synth!

Hope your beginners luck keeps on going @Kacper :star_struck:

2 Likes

Maybe the ‘odd number only’ has something to do with possible neighbor machines? Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

I thought about Neighbor too. As if it was using Neighbor’s reverb. :thinking:
But anyway, tracks 2/3/4 and 6/7/8 can be Neighbor, it doesn’t correspond (track 2 and 6 should work).

2 Likes

Awesome find :+1:

I’m amazed it works, you’d expect the limitation of one delay/reverb is due to memory , so have one fixed buffer per track.

I’d assume the noise we are hearing is due to two fx slots reading/writing to the same buffer ( or memory at least) , but it’ll be unexpected and so unsynchronized / unstable.

It’s an odd thing (in my mind at least) for this to be across tracks, I’d have thought it would cause issues with fx1 and fx2.
But hey without seeing some code we are in the dark

I wonder if odd things start to happen if you use max time on all ‘available’ reverbs.

One thing I’d be careful of … usually unintentional memory overruns don’t often end up being good news ( except if your a security hacker ;))

Definitely a fun thing to experiment with, perhaps before Elektron close the loophole :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah i can see some elektron devs pulling out their hair right now :smiley:

3 Likes

Id suspect it’ll be an easy ‘fix’ , since like delay they will just prevent the paste from happening.
I’d expect they might be keen to fix, if it’s at all unclear where the fx1 reverb is writing to … otherwise might be viewed as harmless.

1 Like

Well theyll have to offer something very special indeed for me to update my OS now…

7 Likes

@Kacper Very impressive you discovered this only after having the OT for two weeks. My guess is you have a highly inquisitive and inventive mind that often refuses to take “no” as an answer!

2 Likes

Oh no the purge has begun, first all traces will be removed from the forum, then an OS update to the OT will cause a sound to come from the ouputs which wipes our memories of this one weird trick :rofl:

11 Likes

now we can put an eq after the verb and adjust the color of it more… nice!

2 Likes

I’d love to hear from elektron on this.

3 Likes

I copied the Dark Reverb with a healthy tail into fx slot 1 from fx slot 2, and it totally worked as advertised, when i experimented with FX2’s original Reverb i created a feedback loop that i couldn’t eliminate, it was great/horrible. I then swapped FX2’s dark reverb with plate reverb and generated a higher octave pitched echo effect that reminded me of Ableton’s more extreme grain delay settings… I had to reload the project because the feedback eventually just became a buzz. User beware…

4 Likes

Wow if you adjust the time of the reverb effect that is feedback-ing and the gate value you can get stuttery effects like an lfo meeting lofi

3 Likes

‘Loophole Reverb’ has a nice ring to it

7 Likes

Sounds like a good way to corrupt a project. Seeing as the ot is so stable as is… :joy:

1 Like

I had this too. Not sure if I solved it by selecting None again on both fx.

Edit : Setting FX to None seems to stop the stuck sound / feedback.

2 Likes