Return of the 90's Warehouse/House sound

It’s this Bug Khan And The Plastic Jam - Made In Two Minutes? Thats whats on my 12" Or is that just the version with the rap? Doesn’t sound much like other Reel To Reel stuff… or am I thinking of Reel 2 Reel!!

Classic BTW!!!

Got me thinking of another synth inspiration, the legend that is Frank De Wulf. His influential and seminal classic coming right up… One day I’ll crack that sound! Even tho I’m pretty sure it’s just a snippet sample played across the keyboard!

4 Likes

On a different tip you could put this out tomorrow and it would fly. Class stands the test of time. Its a proper classic off a little label from Manchester. Steve Burgess was another guy behind tons of tunes from the period

1 Like

Love special request stuff, does a great job of reimagining that 90s sound

6 Likes

@muzka Yeah!! This is mint so far! ±And I only got to the Sir James sample!!

1 Like

Check his other stuff, released tons over the last few years from jungle to techno. Great DJ too

2 Likes

I will but that track has just pi**ed on me chips… I was planning to do something similar around a piano part for my next session :anguished::grin:

2 Likes

Plenty of room for similar piano tracks :slight_smile:

1 Like

The elements were all there from the stuff I love from back then. The familiar beat but chopped and effected, the most sampled bit of the Sir James accapella, cameo synth stabs and the M1 piano. But as you say, reimagined.

1 Like

This is getting battered on UnityRadio at the moment. Same accapella. The tune could be straight from the mid 90’s in the village

2 Likes

FRANK DE WULF man! B sides vols i-v!
Now we’re talking!

1 Like

Not always a fan of their stuff but that’s cool, especially the drums

3 Likes

For our brother Acid @darenager
https://youtu.be/eDTnKLqFuYU

1 Like

Party People got battered and it’s a tune but I liked this on the back. Donated it’s self too…

3 Likes

A year too early but I’m showing my age!

3 Likes

Back then this was Hardcore… Love the Sub Bass/Production House/South London stuff too

2 Likes

That’s what I know that track as too, wasn’t reel to reel Marty Bonds? Or was that Real by Real, haha, my memory is shite.

1 Like

Always love this one so simple but does everything it needs to.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Sick my friend. Sick… Classic.