Retrig on midi tracks...how?

Before I bought a DT I read the quick start manual and read that retrigs could also be performed on midi tracks (page 23 to be precise). Now I’ve started playing with it I can’t seem to access the retrigs like I can on the audio tracks. Can someone please let my know how I set the retrigs on a midi track.
Thank you fellow Digitakters

As far as I know, there is no midi retrig. People have requested this feature in the request thread though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a bit annoying as I bought the unit partly for this facility. Doh!

1 Like

Sorry if this has been asked I searched and didn’t find an answer. Is it possible to do midi re-triggers on the Digitakt? If not, is this a feature that may be added?

Thank you!

It is not possible.

1 Like

Aww man!

:(((( Will it possible in future? Or is it Not possible?

Since Elektron isn’t talking about future improvements, I guess asking is as futile as using a cockerel to predict the weather.

If the cockerel crows at the break of a day
The weather may change or may stay

(german county lore / approx. translation)

:wink:

7 Likes

Yeah this is one of those features that is very sorely lacking.

1 Like

What is the reasoning behind not being able to re-trigger midi? I bought it for that specific functionality, hoping to utilize re-trigger effects along with other trigger locks on external sound modules.

Tho only elektron box that has a form of midi retrig is the OT and it’s not even really retrig.
Elektron boxes were not the place to look if midi retrig is important to your sequencing needs.

Why is it not really retrig on the OT?

Also the OT arp can be used for ratchets, because the arp is p-lockable.

1 Like

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but isn’t it midi note repeat or note number per step or something like that, it’s been a minute since I was in front of an OT.

It’s still retrig.

Nevertheless, as I stated the only Elektron box that does midi retrig remains the OT. And if the person I was responding to specifically needed midi retrig the DT was not the item to purchase. As it has none.

OT can do up to 8x retrig on the audio and midi tracks.
1x = 1/16, 2x = 1/32, 4x = 1/64, 8x = 1/128.

1 Like

And still, not available on the DT.

2 Likes

Do Model:samples send its retrigs to midi?

Is there an Elektron device that has the midi retrig capability? Is this the price boundary for DT or just a pointless gap? Please put in an update Elektron :pray:

1 Like

Octatrack.

Up to 8x retrig on the audio and midi tracks.
1x = 1/16, 2x = 1/32, 4x = 1/64, 8x = 1/128.

3 Likes

You can double the speed on the digtakt and extend your sequence. Gives you more spaces to add triggers. Not great for triplets but workable with micro timing

As far as I know yes. Correct me if i’m wrong but both the Model series devices just send MIDI out of their sequencer once you click the “MOUT” button on the track menu so if it’s sequenced then it’s sent out. They do not send out retrigs that are “played” via pressing the pads and in fact this mutes the midi sequence.