Restrictions are for the dreamless

Giving me Fantastic Planet vibes:

13 Likes

With all the digitone quality control issues on the “key” numbers, I’m wondering if all this store webpage “digitone keys” detective work is a red herring. Could just be stand in product codes for customers who need individual replacement “keys” because they got two “14” keys or something. They aren’t for display on the website, but their search indexing is clearly picking them up.

This even explains why there are “16” showing up for the number in the category.

At least this is what I will hope for, since a “digitone keys” sounds totally uselss and a waste of space to me.

3 Likes

THIS. I was trying to remember what it was called in English because I had only seen then french version with English subs when I was a psychedelic teen. This is exactly what the teasers remind me of.

On the real though, if the drop is indeed a Digitone Keys I’d be pretty indifferent. I was never too into the idea of the DN already, but I’m always fiending for DT updates. Midi retrigger, a bandpass filter, and internal midi loop back would be incredible and very non-restrictive.

This has been an interesting tease since Elektron has always used their “restrictions” as their strong points in a way.

One can dream

An Elektron way of the Nord-Modular???

4 Likes

Interesting topic concerning the potential free space of the hypothetical Digitone Keys. :wink:

With OT, no bugs, but spiders. Same results. :content:
Cleaning dead insects from inside my OT :(

2 Likes

An open source SDK for the Digi machines?

7 Likes

cool idea

perhaps they will ‘learn from the Model:Samples’ and import some of their one control per knob functionality to the wasteland

1 Like

Right?!

2 Likes

Still about the near future it could not harm that Elektron keep a open mind on iPad Overbridge. Also because the upcoming transition to ARM-based chips for Mac systems next year.

The upcoming Mac Pro might be the first ARM-based system.

Venus?

6 Likes

yea bang on :smile::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

It probably a Battey for M:S…

2 Likes

What if they are removing the ratio restriction on the digitone

Its interesting because in this twitter post: https://twitter.com/WeAreElektron/status/1125769757788127232

It shows both the digitakt and digitone

1 Like

I believe the limited ratios are a core component of the Digitone.

As much as I would love it, too- I believe it’s going to arrive right after Overbridge for Octatrack

2 Likes

Holy cow! Check the Elektron newsletter that just went out! They accidentally revealed this thing and it looks awesome! It’s great to see the cross fader make a comeback! And that patchbay looking section fills me with excitement and curiosity!

Made you look

17 Likes

i went through the ppc to intel thing , now its intel to arm.
i hope it doesnt make all software needing an update , but i’m sure it will.

ive also gone thought ipod with firewire , 30 pin , lightning , no headphone , …
they do like to keep changing things sp that people buy yet another silicon case , dongles , adapters… (sorry off topic)

tomorrow should be fun.
new elektron , korg , behringer , lots of interesting boxes…

2 Likes

Hmmm, if we are still guessing based off the meteorite laced teaser, chalk me up for thinking it may be granular sampler/synth!

Bastedry…it took me 10 minutes to stop looking, come back to your post and find that little dropdown. You owe me 10 minutes and a bout of disappointment…but i will settle for cash.

5 Likes