RESOLVED / Bax Music : mistakenly sent refurbished DT as new!

Got a refund of 111€
Sorted :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve just received my long awaited OP-1 from Bax. And guess what! It not new. It’s clearly a return as the seals are broken on the OP-1 box and it’s been sealed together with an inspection sign… I don’t know what that means but it’s definitely not brand new… So disappointed by this!!

Now I’ve got the hassle of a return. Think I’ll wait till after the Xmas period…

First ask for a 10% refund, or whatever they give for a B-Stock…

1 Like

Ok I might think about that.

To be honest though it kind of tarnishes making a big purchase.

The Item itself looks brand new though, although there is a slight bit of black lint under the overlay that comes on top of the OP-1 which gives away that it’s been taken off and the placed back on afterwards. All minor stuff though…

I had problems with stability of my heat and my iPad. Makes no sense to have more than 50% chance of full audio drop outs every 2 hours.
So i sent it back and asked my money back.

2 month later, 20 calls later and being understood by some helpdesk employees
Not even once I was called back. And today, I suddenly got my heat back. Did Bax write new drivers to make my heat more stable?

And yes, within 10 minutes audio drop.

Never buy Bax again!

@wouzer
Same here: will not buy from them anymore.

I got the same issue with Thomann a few times, I guess all the shops do that. Amazon is the worst for this kind of stuff, because they don’t offer the B-stock discount, they just ask you to send it back for a refund.

Its a difficult topic for the retailers, I guess. On the one side we customers benefit from being able to return products, on the other side b-Stocks are piling up and the retailers have trouble to sell those. some might solve this problems by being intransparent on purpose whether a machine is really brand new or returned. It is a vicious cycle. I definitly prefer to buy a brand new instrument.

Compare such costs to having a store in each city, you’ll soon find that this is the price to pay for being a pure online retailer.
I don’t see that many B-Stock items, and I feel like there are many that are pleased to pay less for an almost new product with full guarantee.

1 Like

You are right.

In europe it is your right to send a product you bought online back, also after 1-2 weeks, without any serious explanation why you send it back. Just fill out that paper and you are ready to go.

I read A LOT of people here, that order online, try it out a week, and then send it back, perhaps because one little thing is not how they imagined. You just need to read user ratings about products at thoman & co. There you can read a lot of: yes, it’s almost perfect (heck, thats really good then, right?), but that silly small function (that I never really need) is not how I imagine, and thats why it goes back.

I do not wonder why a lot of opened boxes are sold as new, because people want to try it out and they often have no other chance to do this. There are no synth shops where I live where you can try out, thats why people abuse this. I live in a 2mio city. There is only one music shop left that has synths too (srysly!), and that synth shop has nearly no synth in display, just a small area in the shop. Last time I went into it they had 3 midi keyboards, a big pile of se-02’s and a arturia bass synth standing around.

But anyway, maybe time and habits are changeing (I hope to the better than right now!)

1 Like