RESOLVED / Bax Music : mistakenly sent refurbished DT as new!

happy? :wink:

1 Like

Intensely!

1 Like

I had the same experience at bax, probably 2 times, try to avoid buying from them now. First time were Krk monitors, which looked like they were opened before and were faulty, so I send them back.
Second time was a new Audiotechnica headphone which had the namecard of the previous owner inside!
Send them back with a angry message and got a real new one. I avoid buying from them now.
Check your package closely when you buy from them.

Check your consumer rights , you may be able to claim all expenses back (ie sending it back to them )

Not good though.

Package was opened indeed

I had a very similar experience with Bax, they have send me somebody elseā€™s broken/RMA MPC Live (including his RMA form) once instead of a new MPC Live like I ordered. It seems they put it back on the shelf instead of sending it to AKAI for service. Human error I guessā€¦

I have ordered a studio desk and received two bottom parts instead of a top and bottom.

I have received a parcel once with a field recorder in it, but I did not order anything at the time. So I called them and returned it, they had mislabeled it somehowā€¦

Having said all that, I have ordered many many things with Bax (too much GAS) over the years. And most of the deliveries were really quick, next day or even same day!

When thing did go wrong Bax were usually quick to provide a solution. I think they have very high volumes of parcels and some times **** happensā€¦

I too have considered not to buy from themā€¦ but then I had some incidents with other stores as well, so I guess nobody is perfectā€¦ maybe itā€™s a sign we are buying too much gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Are you sure you didnā€™t accidentally order a cheaper b-stock offering? Theyre often offering returned items in opened boxes for a little less ā‚¬ā‚¬ā€¦ Iā€™ve ordered a ton of things from them over the years, and Iā€™ve never had a bad experience, neither with the products, delivery or customer service. Maybe this is different in other countries (Iā€™m in the netherlands).

No B Stock.
And 3 days have passed without any feedback from themā€¦

Was starting to wonder about that. I m in NL too.

I bought an Allen heath DB4 from them in october last year. Decided in December it was not for me, day 60 for the return was 28th, and it was in Brussels on Christmas Day. They paid the shipping uk and refunded the full amount, so I canā€™t fault them from my experience. I am sure they will put it right for you.

1 Like

Patience my friend, a skills we seem to detach outselves from these days.

Bax will sort it out with you, no doubt.

2 Likes

Hmmm, Bax is sometimes being sloppy and maybe you even have gotten my MPC live. :grimacing:

I returned my faulty MPC live (no wifi connection) to Bax. Waited for six weeks and got a message from the previous owner that it arrived at her house. She kindly returned it to Bax and then it got stuck back at the RMA queue and disappeared. After reaching out to them a couple of times by phone, they said is was taken back in stock and they would send me a new oneā€¦and I received a B-stock. Bit of complaining later and I received a coupon for their store. All in all, sloppy, time consuming but it was eventually resolved to my satisfaction.

Pro-tip: Use the chat function on their website when available, itā€™s much quicker than waiting for an e-mail getting answered.

That sounds not very convincing. Strange business plan.

Same happened to me from Bax as well, though they do offer something like a 60 day money back no questions asked policy. I had to phone every day for weeks to get someone to sort out the refund however after I returned it. Apparently it never got registered as arriving back to them. Not very convincing

Update :sunglasses:
Bax never got back to meā€¦
Contacted Elektron Support. Here is the answer I got:
ā€œYes, I can confirm that the CPU of the unit was replaced, so there is essentially a new unit under the hood.ā€
So in the end I am keeping the unit received to avoid further hassle (ie sending the unit back, waiting for Bax to receive it, Bax to send other oneā€¦).
I am ok with this in the end :sunglasses:
@Olle thanks to Fredrik from support :wink:

4 Likes

I would still chase Bax on this and ask for a refurb price difference (30% off?)

2 Likes

Just did

2 Likes

They are now looking into refunding the difference between price new vs B stock :slight_smile:
Thanks @OHEXOH

6 Likes

Got such problem with three different sellers including Bax and Thomann.
In Thomannā€™s case, I had seen that there was an article sold as B-Stock but chose to pay the big price for new. But once the item was sent to me, B-Stock had disappeared from the website and what I received had clearly been used by someone else.

It ended well, but they clearly had done it on purpose. I think itā€™s pretty common practice, even if itā€™s totally condamnable.
I always ask for refund and go buy somewhere else. Canā€™t stand this.

1 Like

2 clients sound better,had a similar problem with them with my TR8,sent several emails(all replied)but after 4 months I gave up cause the problem I had was not solved yet!
As you said they lost a client,cause after all it,I have changed shop too.