Remix Carl Craig’s “From Beyond”

@swanage_fan probably too close to the original in that it is recognisably a remix, I bet the winner is unrecognisable to the original, some pumped up ‘impressive” sounding contemporary EDM shite.

Good job on yours anyway :+1:

2 Likes

thanks man. i’ve decided that the competition was clearly a fix and someone owes me an Octatrack. Loopcloud, i will see you in court

1 Like

This is really nice mate. I’m waiting for the same email from them then I’ll put mine up here too :joy:

I hate to admit it but I actually enjoyed using the Loopcloud samples even though I found the app pretty clunky and the shear amount of sounds really overwhelming. I didn’t end up using any other sounds apart from the stems and Loopcloud samples.

Just searched on soundcloud and there’s quite a lot of remixes already up:
https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=from%20beyond&filter.created_at=last_week

1 Like

i only used a clap sample. i’m uninstalling the horrible app now, because whenever i open Ableton i get a massive “Loopcloud latest news” window opening over the top of it. big yuk

Got the “sorry you didn’t win” ages ago but didn’t notice, haha.

Here’s my over compressed, over busy dubwise bubbler version:

5 Likes

this is quality! love a dub siren…

1 Like

Cheers mate! Love a dub siren too. Not the style I usually make at all and had a lot of fun doing it :smiley:

Has the winner been announced yet?

Haven’t seen anything but haven’t been looking either. Now to cancel my subscription and delete the app…

2 Likes

Don’t have a YOU ARE NOT A WINNER yet and feel like I am clearly in prime position* cos I didn’t read the rules and so made mine without even listening to the original track…

• I don’t really I made some kind of weird 8 bit UK drill track with the lead replayed on steel drums, which is not normally the sort of thing that wins these things. The “you are not a winner” is going to be in my spam folder isn’t it?

Very up for hearing some 8 bit UK drill :+1:

I didn’t get an email, it was in my ‘Label Radar’ notifications which they would have forced you to sign up to when you submitted.

Hope you win though obviously :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, that would make far more sense :slight_smile:

-and indeed, there it is, although apparently they had to listen to the entire track to decide they didn’t like it, so that’s nice

:wink:

2 Likes

Very very nice man :fire:

Sounds like you you might have been shortlisted if they said they listened to the whole thing as they def didn’t tell me that!

1 Like

thanks!

I also haven’t received any kind of email telling me whether I lost or won. :frowning:

Check your label radar notifications it’s probably in there.

Wonder what the winning tracks were.

Where are these Label Radar notifications? Do I have to log in somewhere?

Edit: I figured it out and see the messages now. Thanks.

1 Like

Soooo… was a winner ever announced for this?