Remix Carl Craig’s “From Beyond”

I think it’s against the rules to publicly share unfortunately man. Well done for getting one done!

Yeah the original is really cool isn’t it. It’s made me want to explore more of his stuff as tbh I’ve never been big into techno. Oh yeah the reverb sounds like it’s over the whole track to me! It works though.

i’ve put so much effort into this, if i don’t win i’m going to vomit all over my grooveboxes.

main problem is that my track feels complete and i haven’t managed to shoehorn the required LoopCloud sample into it, except for a single resentful clap low in the mix, and i reckon that won’t cut it with the judges, who no doubt want something a bit more overt…

1 Like

yeah i checked the rules and you can’t share it

“A resentful clap” :rofl:

I’ve messed about with something and stupidly added a sample from a record. Loopmasters equivalents aren’t cutting it :man_facepalming:t2:

If you don’t have elektron gear can you still enter?

Yeah of course it’s mainly a loopmasters thing anyway. Elektron prizes :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m finding their app/plugin unusable, which doesn’t help with auditioning samples. i’m sure i’ll find something though. i want that Octatrack

Yeah it’s horrible. I haven’t really given it much of a go yet. Also immediately unsub’d from their email onslaught.

Check out these from around the same time by him, tons more though, but these are among my faves.

At Les
Elements
Landcruising
BFC Galaxy/Its a shame
Andromeda

2 Likes

i find this whole rentier thing of subscription based software, pre-masticated sample construction kits, and label submission / “exposure” websites really depressing actually. but i waaaaant that Octatraaaaaaaaak

Thanks mate, will do.

Yeah it’s pretty gross. I’ve seen ‘battles’ where you have to use the latest ‘pack’ which is upwards of a tenner to take part. Bollocks to that.

These giant subscription sample libraries don’t feel right to me… even though I’ll happily sample YouTube :joy:

1 Like

Amen to that :laughing:

:joy: I actually like loopcloud. It’s great to organise my sample collection.

samples should be organised via a box of floppy disks as god intended

2 Likes

Instantly recognised this one :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I submitted.

9.5 In the event that your Remix is not selected as a winner or runner-up in the Competition, LabelRadar agrees that you may still make use of the music elements created for your Remix, provided that you remove all Source Materials in their entirety.

After I lose, I’ll remove all Source Materials and share the original music elements here and you can all imagine what it was like… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll probably just put the whole thing up here if I’m halfway pleased with it after I haven’t won. It’s not like they’ll find out and if they did, what would they realistically do? Nothing would be worth it!

I wonder if they’re just going to listen to 20 seconds of all of them :joy:

Just about managed to get something done. Sort of a dubby, swingy, but still techno (I think but tbh no fucking clue), with a hint of… ragga :grimacing: Fairly pleased with it at 2:20 am but I’m sure it won’t stand a chance :upside_down_face:

1 Like

just got my “sorry you didn’t win” notification :joy:

now to break the T&C’s by posting my half-arsed entry. oh well, i had fun!

5 Likes