Recommendations for new Syntakt users

Even if you had, you can’t possibly absorb it all that quickly. I think the important parts initially are the first seven chapters (about 25 pages, mostly high-level), the first few sections of chapter 9 on the sequencer, and appendix A on the machines. Intermix reading with a lot of play, and let your curiosity and imagination guide further study.

3 Likes

Since you’re a new Elektron user, it also takes a little time to understand/master the sequencer. Take your time and have fun. This forum also has TONS of info and there are a lot of talented and creative minds in here.

3 Likes

Maybe you could meet up with an Elektronauts from your City. One on one teaching is the best thing.

3 Likes

Bet there are! And I also loved the way you guys are guiding me. Thanks alot all.

2 Likes

I don’t think there are enough Elektronauts here in Istanbul. But definitely going to look up for them🤞🏾

1 Like

Try to create sounds from scratch, explore extreme settings of sound parameters, have an idea, work on making the idea reality …

6 Likes

Quote of the day🤘🏾

4 Likes

Loopop reviews are IMO always a good start. After that, just play with it, try to make some sounds and patterns to see how basic things work in practice, and after you’ll get a hang of it, you can dig into some more focused tutorials that interests you.

No point to study the manual “dry”, but it’s nice to have it handy so it can help you when you’re stuck. And while you’re at it, nothing wrong with reading whole chapter about that certain topic you’ve been looking at :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He is probably my all time favorite on new gear^^

(manual is kinda boring)

Jesus fucking christ

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t6:

I will print it out and keep it right next to syntakt, promise👍🏿

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has posted, so here you go:

I haven’t gone through it myself (don’t have a Syntakt), but if you watch Dave’s YouTube content and listen to his music it’s pretty clear he has put in the work and has a deep understanding of Elektron devices. Certainly explore and consume the freely available options, but this would be on my shortlist for anything else.

5 Likes

I second the recommendation for Dave Mech’s courses. They’ve gotten me up and running quickly.

2 Likes

What do you want to do? What sort of music do you want to make? What other gear are you interfacing with? Is it your first all-in-one groovebox style box? What other music experience do you have?

These would be useful things to know.

Well I used to be a dj/audio engineer (production, post-production, mixing, mastering, audio design etc) till they stole all my gear. Since then I mostly spend time with midi controllers and DAWs. (Mostly Ableton)

About a month ago I got myself a microfreak which really dragged me into hardware synths then syntakt about 5 days ago. Planning to pair them with DT, DN and analog heat +FX for the near future and move on to modular synthesis. So yes, we could say its my first groovebox and hardware synth but Im not alien.

I dont know where this setup is going to take me but the plan for now is to improvise some ambient and minimal techno tunes.

1 Like

Awesome! I suggest getting across Overbridge. You use the plugin to separate the 12 outs, FX and external ins into multiple tracks in Ableton. That lets you use individual effects and channel strips in the DAW once you finish with creation and want to mix/master your stuff.

There’s no need to use the Syntakt as your audio interface when you use Overbridge, though you can if you don’t have one already. That tricks people sometimes.

2 Likes

I have collected lots of resources here, not just sound packs, but also paid and free tutorials ,and interesting threads and discussions on the forum, some of the links might be of value to you:

3 Likes

@plragde @infiniteposse got the manual!:nerd_face:

2 Likes