Recommend me some good Psy Trance

Used to go to a lot of parties when i lived in south africa 2009-2015… damn i miss those outdoor stomps! I have heard the most ridicoulous shit at 4AM. Remember Mad Hatter playing the weirdest opera-infused full-on one time. Could not believe my ears, roflmao! Would love to hear captain Hook irl!

1 Like

fun track! think i’m gonna try my hand on a psy liveset w/ octa/dt/dn as well. gotta make some hefty samplechains first.

I lost interest in Goa trance from 98 onwards. In my opinion things like the Megadog/Planet Dog, Carl Cox F.A.C.T, Eye Q records and Trance to Europe Express compilations that I found around the same time featured artists that had much more diverse output. Here are some classics in my opinion from the early 90s to mid 90s period:

Go listen to Quantum Legacy Records, a happy lil nice international crew project we are working on at the moment. Our VA2 is on its way.
We don’treally like proggy sh*t, we’re looking to dig the darkest thoughts of the listenners and make them cry even harder.

We love Dark Psytrance, High-Tech, Psycore, Zenonesque, Techno… You can also check out DJ Bazillik’s Ektoplazm.com like @wickfut says, which has one of the most complete Psy-DataBase ever, and perfectly tidy.

1 Like

This is around the time I was first introduced. I could never really get in to this style though, the feeling wasn’t there for me.
Move forward a little to the beginning of 2k and it all started to sound better for me.

Saying that, X-Dream always smashed it. This one was from 1996 and is a proper stomper!

1 Like

Oh, that times! I was so deep into Goa and Psy back when I was young (early/mid 90th) and still love the music from back then. There was so much more going on that just acid leads and “noice”. So lovely melodies. I really get old. Most of the music I really really love (electronic music, hip hop, rock, metal) was producted before 2000.

Yep, me too. 90’s hip hop was my other musical love.

Good times

@Overunity - Yep can relate. After a couple of years (for me) of melodic goa and maximal psy, X-Dream Radio, Flying Rhino slipstream, Planet BEN and then the wave of early Iboga Recs, Spiral Trax, Cream Crop, DIgital Structures and the Son Kite crew really sounded fresh, and to this day, still get some rotation time on my stereo.

A few classics in that vein:

1 Like

Track is incredible - Infected Mushroom are legends and Mr. Bill is my favorite producer to date.

Any chance you could take a listen to my darkspy track posted above? Would love to get some feedback and make it better :slight_smile:

Here’s one I made from whatever year Cubase 4 was a thing.
Mix is meh but I was just a child with no money for equipment or a proper space to make music.

Is that a CRT monitor in the background? Yep! lol

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a pretty alright track I guess, I can see myself dancing to it at a party. The track has got a very clean type of sound, I don’t like that too much, but that’s a very common thing in psytrance.

The laser-snare that’s coming in at around 1.30 is pretty cool, also nice to see it coming back towards the end. Ties it all a bit together.
I wish the bassline was a bit more tight (?). It feels like the amp should close a little more down, right now it feels like a constant tone, defining the rhythm a little more would be nice. There’s this part in the middle of the track that gives some variation to the bass, which is nice.
The descending melody of this vibraphone is also pretty cool, creates some sweet movement in the trippy atmosphere.

1 Like

Listening to LEAPS rn,
Clean breaks. Love the details.

1 Like

Starts a little into the track…

1 Like

thanks! might try to finish some more of those tracks. got one very spaced out tribal thing going. also loving this set! -> https://soundcloud.com/audiospazm-1/audiospazm-new-years-set-201819-free-download BUSHPSY

Agreeing to all. I think my “mastering” has a lot of transients squased as well. well well, thanks for the feedback. Might continue on the psy journey :slight_smile: