Rec mem full

unfortunately the octatrack mkII error message ‘rec mem full’ is not explained in the octatrack Mii manual. What to do when ‘Rec Mem Full’ occurs?

Search the Forum: Rec memory full

2 Likes

Answer is right there, click the link.

I’m exited to see endles scrolling for a topic i thought there is a one line answer to solve this problem.

Welcome to the Octatrack ;). There’s far more complex problems that can happen with it …

Try the first post? Then work from there.

Rec mem full is pretty self-explanatory, btw.

You know, here are multiple users that answer your questions in detail, everytime you ask. You could find all of that in the manual btw, (minus some bugs maybe), or in the multiple threads that already have asked those question (including bugs). When a user decides they do not want to explain in detail, quote the manual, maybe with screenshots (all of that takes time, btw), it’s not good enough you say?

Indeed. Have the manual next to it and work through it. It’s not a simple instrument. It will be, once you’ve learned it. You’ll be able to play with it just from muscle memory, but that takes timem Read Merlins guide, “Elektron Music Production Tips” by Olaf Wolkenhauer or try one of those video courses. You can’t expect to get to know it by poking at it. It’s not gonna work, you’ll end up frustrated. I think that’s a reasonable assumption to make…

1 Like

why it needs andless posts, elektron tips and tricks, etc etc etc ??? The reason is: there is no solution. I have one, but i dont post it.

No need to, it has already been answered. It happens because erroneous memory allocation, fix that and reboot, done.

Might be worth merging this thread with the other one.

3 Likes

Great attitude. Posts in forums are always for the public, the next user that finds themselves confronted with a problem. Really I don’t get it…

2 Likes

i start the octatrack without card and im being asked for the card then i put it in. And i have a free memory and no rec mem full. By the way: I the manual every error message of the octatrack should be listed and with a one line commented. What i found is rec mem full is not listed in the manual.

I agree. Here is the concerned thread for manual improvements.
The Elektron documentation thread

I agree with above concerning Elektronauts search for things you don’t find in the manual. Instead of creating a topic for each question you can ask more explanations in concerned ones.

6 Likes

Afaik it’s recommended to leave the card in. As with other cf card slots, the pins can bend.
There are some posts here from users that had that happen to theirs. Some were succeful with an repair, others not so much.

Btw, I agree users should not have to sift through a bunch of posts for an answer, but it’s also the responsibility of the thread starter to provide as much details as possible and actively engage in finding a solution.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

1 Like

i bought this because of the robustness cf cards. In my Hasselblad Cameras (25.000 euros) i change cf cards 10x each day since 15 years with NO problems. But you have to buy the professional ones. And these i put into the OT

I’m not sure how the card would make a difference there, but I never had problems with cf cards in cameras either. I never took the card out on my OT, though. Usb mode is faster for me.

Anyways, just wanted to tell ya, people always say it’s recommended to not take the card out.
That said, it used to be a more difficult repair as the pins were directly sitting on the main board (IIRC), but Elektron changed the internals and it’s now much easier to swap out.

There are 50+ search results here, so it’s not without substance.

2 Likes