Broken pins

I just bought a used OT mk1. I had never used one and wanted to hear demo mode, so I took the card out, didnt have to pull or jerk or anything, came right out, then when i was done with demo mode, I put it back in. It wouldnt come out of demo mode, did some research and discovered that some of the pins were bent and some were broken off. now I have an octatrack that I spent 800 + shipping on and less than 48 hours later its unusable, what should I do? Is there a way to contact Elektron? Am I going to be months without this thing?

Sure. Doesn’t seem to be an easy repair.
Do you think you broke the pins, or was it before?

You’re welcome!

hard to tell because it was working, so im assuming I did it, if im being totally honest. I just dont know how. There was no force or pressure applied.

Repair shouldn’t take months. Shipping can be expensive depending on where you live.

Arizona USA

Make a support ticket on Elektron’s website. They will give you instructions for sending your OT to their official workshop in California. Although this repair used to be a difficult one, Elektron changed their practice to make it easier than before. Elektron will advise you what the turnaround time at the repair shop will be.

Hope you get it fixed up soon.

7 Likes

Yup just sent in my OT to their LA workshop.

I bought a used one and got it last week, stuck in Demo Mode when I turned it on.

Then I looked at the pins in the card reader and saw that one pin was twisted and another one missing.

So I opened a ticket and they gave the option to mail a new pinlist (whish I would have to install by myself) or option to ship the OT to their workshop.

Let’s see what they say.

I’m super pissed man. Apparently the pins break so easily and this is something I wish I knew before buying the OT. I don’t know if I broke the pin or if it was already corrupted from the previous owner.

He said it works great when I bought it, someone is lying!