Reaktor blocks to control Model:Cycles and Model:Samples

I posted this in the Reaktor thread, but in case anyone is interested we just released the update to the Toybox Nano Pack 2, which includes a set of blocks specifically designed to control the Model:Cycles and Model:Samples -->

These blocks are great for using the M:C and M:S in a kind of hybrid set up, using Reaktor Blocks based LFOs and envelopes to control the hardware and then processing the audio with filters and effects in back in Reaktor. You can even control their transport which is fun. Will post some videos soon.

More info about the Nano Pack 2 update here:

www.toyboxaudio.com

3 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the videosā€¦

Iā€™m finding the Model:Cycles setup here a little confusing in practice so a video will be most welcome :smiley:

Yes we will work on some videos asap, in the meantime let me know what issues you are running into and Iā€™ll see if I can get you up and running.

To select the track that you want to control using these blocks you need to connect a ā€œNano Select 6ā€ block to the ā€˜Track Selectā€™ port in the rackā€™s ā€˜structure viewā€™ like this -->

Iā€™ve also attached a demonstration rack to this post (Iā€™m using the Model:Samples blocks for this example, but you can swap the M:S blocks for the equivalent M:C blocks if you are using the Model:Cycles) -->

Elektron Model Samples Control.nksr (69.2 KB)

I have recently added ā€˜All Tracksā€™ and ā€˜Randomizeā€™ ports to the M:S and M:C blocks (the ā€˜All Tracksā€™ is the same as holding down the TRACK button of the unit, so you can change all the tracks at the same time).

Email me via the toybox contact form https://www.toyboxaudio.com and I can send you the beta version of these updated blocks.

David

Thanks, the demonstration rack is a big help :smiley:

I just set up a Discord channel to discuss using these blocks.

I also put the latest version of the blocks here -->

They require Reaktor or Reaktor Player and they need the full Nano Pack to be installed, otherwise you can still use them, but only for 30 mins at a time, in ā€˜demoā€™ mode. You can use them with the Nano Pack blocks or with the free Nano Pack Community Edition thatā€™s on the Toybox site: https://www.toyboxaudio.com

I also added ā€˜knob recorderā€™ versions of the original knob blocks, which you can use to record little synced phrases of the boxā€™s knobs, just click and hold on the block and turn knob on M:S / M:C to record a phrase. You need to enable MIDI Clock on both Reaktor and the box, I am using the USB connection to the computer, and then setting Reaktor to use the Elektron as the audio device, works really well as a kind of hybrid of the two, with headphones plugged into the Elektron. Iā€™ll do a video and some documentation asap.

FYI, we are also running a 40% off Black Friday sales on the toybox site: https://www.toyboxaudio.com, including the Nano Pack (with the Model Cycles and Model Samples blocks).

I would love to get some feedback on these blocks (Model Cycles and Model Samples blocks) if anyone has tried them yet?

Hey Guys

To kick off the holiday period we have just updated the Nano Pack to Nano Pack 3!

The updated pack includes over 50 brand new blocks (including a new suite of blocks specially for use with the Model Cycles and Model Samples), as well as many improvements and fixes.

The packā€™s 750 mini-sized synthesis blocks for Reaktor Player can be combined in limitless combinations using virtual patch cables. The blocks combine sequencing, sampling and digital synthesis with state of the art analogue modelling.

The pack can be purchased for a limited time for $45 (30% off), the update is free for existing users (emails will be sent out with installation instructions).

More information on the Nano Pack can be found here:

David

2 Likes

The Nano Pack really is fantastic value for money and sounds great - I tend to default to using the these blocks primarily and then only the occasional block from the factory library or Euroreakt for hyper specific reasons but most of the time itā€™s just Nano blocks. Do you have a list of what the 50 new blocks are? I look on your site and couldnā€™t see a list and it would be helpful for exploring and trying them outā€¦

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes thereā€™s a list of the new blocks here:

And a complete list of all the blocks in the pack here:

1 Like