Reaktor 6

Yes, thats what I was trying to point out. If you go to the parameter that you want and adjust it, you get to the module’s properties. Thanks @ignatius. I did this years ago, but don’t use Reaktor much anymore.
I also googled and found this;

2 Likes

Anyone know of a decent 303 clone for reaktor?

There are quite a few emulations, 303 inspired instruments and ensemble in the User Library. Just type 303 into the search :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I tried that first but they all seemed a bit generic, not really having the sound

I need some help, Reaktor experts! I have downloaded Richard Devine’s Wavetable .ens from the User Library but it will not open properly on my computer. The .ens opens in Demo mode even though a full version of Reaktor 6 is installed, including all of the add-ons.

I have tried reopening, resaving, etc. but nothing is working. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

Give the link and I can watch tonight.

1 Like

Richard Devine Wavetable Synth

Thank you in advance for any assistance or ideas. I have always found the Reaktor file structure unnecessarily complicated (and the file system even worse).

1 Like

Open, used, saved on itself and on another file without problem.
Mac or Pc?
Try to open it directly by the file to see what happens.
I have no idea what can hang on your system other than a Reaktor version mismatch which is not here, just check if you are up to date.
The file is old, logically even a late update should not be a problem.

The hierarchy in Reaktor is part of what allows him to be so powerful and creative, it makes sense.

1 Like

MacOS (catalina, NOT Big Sur). Tried opening from outside Reaktor, inside Reaktor; tried resaving; nothing. Even verified that allegedly missing modules are actually installed.

Would you mind saving and sending it to me? Do not worry if you do not have the time. :pray:

I can’t upload it here, please give me an email address.
I’m on a pc so maybe another Elektronaut on mac can do the test,
I don’t know the status of Reaktor updates on mac.

Here it is on the way.
These are google drive links because of the weight.
Good luck.

1 Like

Hey folks! We have just released Nano Pack 2! The updated pack includes over 150 brand new blocks as well as many improvements and fixes. There’s also a suite of block in the pack specifically for controlling Model Cycles and Model Samples.

More information on the Nano Pack can be found here: www.toyboxaudio.com

A full list of changes can be found here: Release Notes – Toy Box

9 Likes

wow. massive!

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic bunch of additions! I’ve been getting great mileage out of creating little mini-synths using the nanoblocks and then saving them as Sounds within Maschine where I’ve mapped the first 8 or 16 macros so that I can essentially use them like the Elektron ‘machine’ paradigm that you get on the MNM or M:C but designed to my spec. So useful when starting the ‘plock’ them also… plus with the probability blocks I can get around the fact that Maschine doesn’t have that functionality in it’s sequencer.

OK, so it seems churlish to ask for anything else after such a generous free update but one thing I’ve hoped for is a tuner block - especially when working with tuned delays or comb filters it would be super handy to have such a block. As it is, I’ve defaulted to sticking a Tuner on the channel within Live but that’s not as slick…

1 Like

I’ve yet to jump into Reaktor Blocks - I dove into the user library and found so much incredible stuff that I’ve not really come up for air yet - but I’m keen to get involved.

I’m intrigued about the probability blocks you mentioned in the Nano Blocks - I don’t suppose they enable you to employ trigger conditions too, do they?

I’m also very interested in understanding how they interact with the Model:Samples as I recently purchased one

I might have a go at a tuner at some point, it would probably be possible to build one with the Nano Pack blocks with a pitch follower and a quantiser.

1 Like

There are a set of blocks for use with both the Model:Samples and Model:Cycles. You can control all the main parameters on the MS and modulate them with the blocks. You can also route audio back into Reaktor for a ‘hybrid’ setup to add additional filters and effects in Reaktor, triggered from the MS. I’ll try to do a video and post it here.

2 Likes

Here’s an example of a basic rack to use with the Model:Cycles

4 Likes

That’s brilliant, thank you!

Here are some example racks built with some of the Nano Pack V2 blocks including a rack to control the Model:Samples and Model:Cycles:

A brief description of each rack:

• Elektron Model Samples Control --> A rack for use Elektron Model:Samples (swap out the M:S blocks with M:C blocks to use this rack with the Model:Cycles).
  • Geiger --> A rack that produces glitchy noise! The rack uses the ‘2D Chaos’ block to randomly modulate the X & Y position of the XY Wavetable, then sends this through a Bit Shifter and Comb Filter for more randomness.
  • Mindrothe --> An ‘OTA Filter’ block that is ‘pinged’ using the ‘Exciter Envelope’ block and then ‘granulated’ and fed back through a reverb to create a ringing feedback pad sound, which is then given a ‘tape stop’ effect with the ‘Tape Stop’ block (run the transport to hear the ‘tape stop’).
  • Mindy --> A simple example of using the ‘Seq Segment’ and ‘Unison Wavetable’ blocks. 4 ‘Seq Segment’ blocks are daisy-chained together using their ‘NEXT’ & ‘RESET’ ports. This chain of blocks is reset every half bar from the GATE port of the ‘Ramps’ block. The PITCH & GATE ports of all 4 sequencer blocks are summed together before controlling the ‘Unison Wavetable’ block.
  • Phys Model Seq --> A sequence driven with the ‘Bit Sequencer’ block, this block creates an 8 step sequence based on each binary ‘bit’ of an 8 bit input value, this input value is set using the ‘Fader’ block connected to it. This sequence triggers the “Physical Modelling Synth” block, as well as triggering a ‘Randomizer’ block which is used to randomly modulate the synth’s controls.
  • Seq Seg Example --> Another example of using the ‘Seq Segment’ block, this one also uses the ‘MOD’ and ‘SLIDE’ controls of the block. The ‘MOD’ and ‘SLIDE’ controls are simply values sent out from their corresponding ports whenever the segment is playing (when the segment isn’t playing a value of zero is sent from these ports). “Mod” & “Slide” are simply names that suggest possible uses for these ports but they are both working in exactly the same way, simply outputting values and can be connected to to control anything you want.
  • Trigger Effects --> This rack makes use of the ‘Knob Bank’ block. This block has 4 banks of 6 knobs but only displays 6 knobs at a time. The 4 banks are used to control the parameters of 4 different effects. You can also MIDI learn the 6 knobs to 6 knobs on a MIDI controller to jam with the patch. Trigger the effects using the buttons on the ‘Trigger’ block (you can also MIDI learn these buttons).
  • Woody PD Sound --> Uses the exciter envelope to create a short sound that ‘excites’ the resonance the “Comb & Notch” block.
2 Likes