Reaktor 6

Hey Guys, been busy finishing up the new toybox synth pack for reaktor blocks and it is now ready to go, just need to get the final encoding from NI then will make an announcement here…

…also If you don’t have all the packs I’m running a spooky sale over halloween (mods, I hope that’s OK?) -->

20% discount code = SPOOKY19

toyboxaudio.com

7 Likes

are there updates to the various packs since April? just wondering if i should re-download in case there’s some changes.

are there updates to the various packs since April? just wondering if i should re-download in case there’s some changes.

The V1.1 update is coming in the next few weeks… but if you contact me via the website (toyboxaudio.com) I can send you a beta for the updated packs…

2 Likes

oh cool. i can wait for the release. hands are full at the moment. :slight_smile:

FYI, Toybox Reaktor blocks Black Friday sale: enter BLACKFRIDAY19 at the checkout for 25% discount. -->

toyboxaudio dot com

(V1.1 will be released next week…)

5 Likes

how’s the synthpack coming along?

1 Like

Should be next week also… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The toybox V1.1 update is now available! :slight_smile:

Grab the updated packs from the toybox website:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com

All packs have been updated. The free pack now includes a suite of 32 step sequencers plus new sequence driving blocks for flipping and twisting sequences. There’s a bunch of new features, blocks, GUI improvements etc…

5 Likes

Great stuff. Thank you so much!

The Synth Bundle has now been released :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick video showing a couple of the blocks in action:

4 Likes

A short video showing how to build a basic synth using blocks from the toybox free pack -->

4 Likes

the ToyBox stuff is great if you have, and use reaktor block. i like them a bunch.

Seems that Reaktor 6.4 came out today… https://cdm.link/2020/07/reaktor-6-4-lets-all-builders-make-their-own-blocks-for-racks-hello-more-modular-toys/

User blocks getting access to front panel patching and the Rack format is pretty exciting in my estimation. I recall that @DavidToybox had been trying to organise the encoding of a whole slew of user library blocks for front panel/racks compatibility but that it was put on hold when news of this release was hinted at… so hopefully we’ll see plenty become available over the next wee while.

In the meantime, NI have posted the Niji drum synth blocks which are cool and a really cool Maschine Jam sequencer block which has euclidean stuff along with other polyrhythmic stuff. I’m kinda glad that no one was interested when I tried to flog MJam controller earlier this year.

9 Likes

Nice. That took way too long. But, whatever, let’s see what happens.

1 Like

We’ve just added a new, free ‘User Blocks’ pack to the website for use with the new Reaktor 6.4 update (which opens up the possibility to create your own blocks for use in Racks).

Currently the pack only contains one new block, the Modulation Lane. We will be adding new blocks to the pack every few weeks.

The Modulation Lane is a single modulation lane from the Synth Pack Piano Roll, placed into a new block for creative routing.

It’s available now for free from the toybox website: https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

13 Likes

Just a heads up we added a new block to the free User Blocks Pack -->

Table - A block that has 2 tables that you can write and read to.

The block features:

• 2 separate tables
  • Each table can have have between 1 and 1024 ‘storage cells’
  • Independent read and write locations
  • All parameters are modulateable
  • 8 morphable snapshot locations
  • Gate generator
  • Randomiser
  • Undo / Redo

It’s is a real Swiss Army knife: it can be used to draw or record modulation, as a drawable audio-rate oscillator, as part of a generative music patch, for recording and storing notes of a sequence, generating clocks etc…

You can grab the updated ‘User Blocks Pack’ HERE

Also there is a sale for September with all packs and bundles 30% off --> enter the code TOYBOXSEPTEMBER at the checkout

11 Likes

Beautiful work.

Hey Guys, we just added a new block to the Toybox User Blocks pack:

Sequential Switch

It’s a super useful, multi purpose block that routes a set of 8 inputs to a set of 8 outputs in various ways, driven by a sequencer.

Just connect a clock signal to the GATE input and bunch of different input signals (try audio signals, gate signals, pitch signals etc) and destinations (try mixer inputs, sequencers, FM inputs etc) to the block’s input and output ports and experiment. Or try connecting a fast oscillator to the GATE port and a bunch more oscillators with different shapes and frequencies to the input ports, using the FADE control turned up, for an experimental ‘layered’ oscillator. There are probably an infinite number of ways you can use the Sequential Switch block.

There are some example racks included in the pack.

You can grab the Toybox User Blocks here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

David

12 Likes

Hey Guys

We just released the Nano Pack! :slight_smile:

The pack features over 500 ultra high-quality, low CPU blocks designed for modern sound design.

Features include:

• 500 Small, low CPU blocks for unlimited flexibility
  • Infinite Linear Oversampling (ILO) used for waveshapers, samplers, wavetables and oscillators (ILO is a DSP technique that greatly reduces aliasing distortion for an extremely clean/analog sound)
  • Flexible audio-rate modulations; every control has it’s own modulation input
  • 34 oscillator blocks utilising analog modelling, wavetable, additive, modal synthesis, physical modelling, oscillator stacking, phase distortion and more!
  • 76 high quality effects blocks including blocks for saturation, wave-folding, dynamics, spectral effects, vintage and modern reverbs, grain cloud, convolution and more!
  • 26 filter block utilising ultra high quality ZDF algorithms, including equalisers, comb filters, morphing filters, vintage modelled filters (ladder, sallen-Key, OTA, diode)
  • Sampler blocks for granular and formant processing, drum hits, automatic sampling, buffer manipulations etc.
  • A suite of versatile sequencer blocks that can be combined for creative sequencing and routing of sounds. Sequencer types include: gate, note, euclidean, bit, repeat, roll etc.
  • A ‘position’ port is used to drive the sequencers, which means you can control the playback position of any sequencer using any signal in your rack, for very complex and experimental sequencer patches. Use modulation or audio signals to drive sequencers or feed audio signals back to the position input to stutter and glitch playback
  • ‘Position Splitter’ and ‘Position Effects’ blocks can be used to divide and modify the signals driving the sequences in different ways, modifying patterns for musical variation
  • Over 300 utility blocks covering everything from input and output, MIDI, OSC, scopes and meters, recording, clocks, ramps, maths etc.
  • Maths functions, tables, arrays, build your own oscillators or filters just using blocks
  • Open up any block and modify it, while it’s being used (full Reaktor required)
  • Powerful snapshot system built into every block. Snapshots can be morphed and selected from an input port, or selected and edited globally by using MIDI and OSC
  • A set of blocks for use with the Tidal Cycles live coding environment

More information is available on the Toybox website:

David

8 Likes

I’ve been playing with the Toybox Reaktor block package for a while - it’s amazing and the new Nano modules seem to work very nicely alongside the earlier Toybox modules - plus they seem to have lower CPU demands. The new preset switching feature of the Nano modules is very nicely integrated when running inside Ableton / Push. I’m very interested to see how these will work with the new MPE feature in Live 11 (David has already included an MPE input device). Am interested to see how they will work with Apple’s blazing new M1 chip. David is a coding wizard and Elektron should hire him immediately to work on the Octatrack III / DigiSomething Mark IIIIIII. :slight_smile: