Rare? early Elektron promo posters spotted

As seen on the 'verb, not linking sale ads as per forum rules so go search yourself if you’re interested. Quite the collection of overpriced rare vintage Elektron posters though. I’ve never seen most of these and thought people might like to catch a glimpse of the past or take a trip down memory lane. Happy Monday!

60 Likes

I think I have some of those in a closet. I should look for them and get rich too.

7 Likes

I think my favorite is the Arthurian knight in the Brocéliande lake ignoring Excalibur and headed towards the MNM keys.

3 Likes

My favorite is the first one. The girl is obviously tuning her kick to B to match the guitar. The guy on guitar is fingering a Cadd9, but he’s tuned down a half-step. That’s the story I tell myself anyway…

6 Likes

I like the “crash pad” aesthetic, the empty “thirsty-two ouncer” drank cup strewn on the ground and the rumpled MD box, obviously supposed to look like an empty pizza delivery box, next to it. She’s definitely tuning a super plinky sharp bouncing ball metallic kick drum to a strong B.

Super vintage coil cord touch-tone house phone too, much older even than the ad itself.

1 Like

Pretty sweet. I dig the Astronaut+Monolith poster. I feel like it’s a prelude to some horror film. Or maybe they just turned the feedback up too high on the delay.

7 Likes

heck yes. the way they’re grabbing their heads because humans aren’t meant to hear such cool sounds as what the monomachine is capable of producing. helmets only protect you from the atmosphere, they can’t protect you from the awesome-mosphere.

11 Likes

No better accompaniment to a shimmery open-position Cadd9 chord on a semi-hollow body guitar than a plinky metallic kick drum.

2 Likes

Fanboy

2 Likes

2 Likes

I relate to the guy sleeping with his beautiful companion

8 Likes

Really impress how this boy has light up his SPS-1, or… Might he have the really rare version with a battery ?!

3 Likes

I have a picture of myself standing next to the back to the future delorean at universal studios or somewhere from when I was probably 8 years old and it reminds me of this picture. the picture of me is the most embarrassing meme you’d ever see of yourself, this kid is killing it though. mixing nike and adidas like a pro.

12 Likes

that kid is my favorite one of the group. hard as hell

7 Likes

Adidas shorts, Nike kicks. Kid doesn’t give a fuck.

9 Likes

notice the socks are folded down too, they’re like his older brothers sport socks but he’s rockin them like a pro.

3 Likes

Just testing them out

24 Likes

This is the kid who shows up at the high school talent show with nothing but an MC-303 and covers Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount, note-for-note.

5 Likes

signed by Daniel Troberg and Mr. Dataline :star_struck:

10 Likes

Me: browsing monomachines on reverb.

6 Likes