Radiohead

I love them. Most important band for me for about 17 years and still a big influence.
I got into aphex and autechre because of thom yorke and finally to my elektrons and my eurorack…
And all of my guitar equipment is used by one of them :smile:
Imo every album since the bends was a masterpiece even the king of limbs. Don’t get why people didn’t like it.
My fav is still kid a. all time favourite.

3 Likes

Yeh its hard to pick a fave album. sometimes I have one but then it changes. like really been into amnesiac for a while. Pablo Honey prob least fave, and as an album never struck on TKOL, though it does have a couple of great tracks. If I had to choose I might go In Rainbows. AMSP is pretty damn good also though

1 Like

In Rainbows has probably the best flow. And no weak song at all.

2 Likes

Wow! It’s been over 10 years since In Rainbows, eh? Damn times a sneaky beast.

I ain’t seeing any other masterpieces coming from them either. I held out through KOL, MS Pool wasn’t enough to sway my beliefs

1 Like

It seems to just go by faster and faster :thinking:???

1 Like

you should really spend some more time with the latest two albums. they grow, and grow. as everything they recorded

3 Likes

Right! Like it’s finiteness was a pain enough, now it accelerates! The past two years feel like 1! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Avenches.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

In Rainbows/kid A.
The bends when it came out. Good time of my life :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Listened to OKC again yesterday. Damn, it’s brilliant. And great to listen after a long break - (I overdid it back in the day…)

1 Like

There are two colours in my head
There are two colours in my head

4 Likes

Best song, hands down.

1 Like

Synth line from heaven

2 Likes

Ode to the Prophet 5. Nothing sounds as warm as the first seconds of this song :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So simple so frikin genius - according to the interwebs there might be a Rhodes or a Crumar layered in there too and you can definitely hear some stereo tricks/filter panning. But yeah - whenever there’s a debate about “warmth” this could be the reference track :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as I know it’s only the prophet, but double tracked… maybe hard panned

Don’t forget the neve desk…

1 Like
4 Likes

great page! I studied their gear for a long time now :smiley:

1 Like

I gave it a little try with the A4. Not too close, but I like it :slight_smile:

11 Likes