Question about MkII units

Hi there!

I wonder if it’s possible to change the brightness or color of the MkII unit’s backlights with a firmware or software update.
Is it possible to change the GUI too? like on other Elektron devices?

I think it would be nice if users could change button brightness. Performing with the AR MkII in a dark environment for a long period of time makes the vision blurry and the eyes tired.

You can change the button LED brightness on the OT MkII, low/mid/high, mid seems best for a standard dimly lit room, low is very dim. Don’t think you can change screen brightness, but I find it’s generally just right for indoors, not too bright and very clear. Not tried it outdoors.

1 Like

The displays are monochrome, so you can’t change the color.
Brightness control was added to other devices (Digi boxes for example) in a firmware update, so it may still happen.

1 Like

Grab an iPhone screen protector and cut it to size . Many will slightly darken the screen.
If it’s not dark enough stick another on top.

Though obviously this is semi-permanent- not easily adjustable.

Or - wear sunglasses when using it

1 Like

no such option on the rytm unfortunately, I also usually in a dark room and the strobing pads and trigs are killing my eyes very quickly…

this been request many times here but I think it’s worth sending a feature request for Elektron to feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

I totally agree with you! Strobing pads are the most annoying when it comes to playing live in a dark environment.

I’ve considered wearing sunglasses if I could remember where all the secondary menus and buttons are… hope they’ll add something to dim these pads, they are so strong!

1 Like

Yes, they should
These pads and trigs may cause eye problems. As for the sunglasses, they are not an option for me.