Thoughts on my experience of owning an Analog Rytm MK2

I believe the vast majority of buyers have never encountered the issues you had. It’s unfortunate you’ve been this unlucky with the device but your anecdote does not demonstrate that the devices are not stable (nor buggy). Usually people who encounter issues will be the most vocal with any product.

2 Likes

@Udi9
As the post says, I’m the former owner of the Ar Mk1, which I have been cleaning with exactly the same baby wipe for approximately 5 years. I’ve had my AR mk2 for over 3 months, and it’s already tarnished.

1 Like

Baby wipes or Surface wipes or Antibacterial wipes of any kind are basically an ecological scourge - none of these should be used on any Electrical device you care about because you cannot manage the chemical content nor amount of liquid pooling or dripping into the cracks.

There shouldn’t be any need for these - but when you do need something a slightly damp cloth or a slightly damp microfibre cloth corner is all you should need - these are much gentler than woven plastics

Never needed one in my 10 years ownership

2 Likes

@victorcampos
Hi, I didn’t think that reflecting the problem and writing it in such a community as Elektronauts would be considered as an anecdote :))
But nothing surprises me after sunglasses.

Cheers ^^

What? It is an anecdote, it is your personal anecdote telling your experience, how is that not an anecdote? :thinking:

Edit: “The meaning of ANECDOTE is a usually short narrative of an interesting, amusing, or biographical incident”

1 Like

1 Like

Even though the MK1 manual says the same thing as the MK2 in regards to proper cleaning, that doesn’t mean that they are going to react the same way when you do something outside of what the manufacture suggests. It would be impossible to test all different cleaning products from all different parts of the world on every machine. Like, how could that even be written in the manual?

“Use only water. No but seriously, this time we REALLY mean it. REALLY only use water this time.”

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence is personal experience, I don’t think it was intended as a slur.

If you would like, I’m happy to chat to see if we can diagnose the issues you’re facing. Either here or in private message. No pressure. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
I cleaned the Rytm mk1 with baby wipes for 5 years, which did not leave any traces, and the new product purchased 3 months ago, after 5–6 very thorough cleanings, already left spots.

Elektron is known for its durable devices, but I can’t say the same about the analog Rytm mk2. This is my personal opinion. Of course, everyone can express their own opinion. That’s exactly why I wrote this post.

curious how did you get from me thinking out loud for myself to “people told me to”?

yes the pads are bright, yes we have a feature request thread where many people like us posted this feature request, yes I’ve sent feature request directly to elektron email.

other then that nothing we can do really, it is what it is.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why you are so defensive in the tone of these posts. No one is trying to stop you from sharing your opinions, from what I’ve seen it’s been quite a supportive bunch.

The only thing people brought up is that in the manual it’s explicitly said to use at maximum a bit of water for cleaning, which you didn’t do and now you are comparing your experience of using something else to clean (not in the recommended ways to clean per the manual) and saying that because you did it on the Mk1 you tried on the Mk2 and it’s been tarnished. Oh well, it sucks but it’s not the way you should be cleaning either machine, it’s awesome that it didn’t create any issues on the Mk1 but it does on the Mk2 and probably that’s why the manual says to only use water. Elektron can’t know what exactly is in the baby wipes you’ve been using, maybe something there works perfectly fine for the Mk1 finishing but not on the Mk2.

I’m sorry it has caused you issues but it’s exactly because of that the manual states to only use water :confused:

2 Likes

What issues have you had with Transfer and Overbridge exactly? What bugs and lags are you referring to?

Hi there,

Why did you decide that “people told me to wear sunglasses” written in the post is related to you?

Im not only an elektronauts member :))

2 Likes

The other poster saying to “wear sunglasses” was clearly joking :thinking:

so… you want to tell me… I’m not the only one thinking about it??

Hi there, thanks for response
Uploading samples from transfer to AR2 for example
The transfer application gives me an error. I have checked the samples that I am trying to transfer to an AR2 and there is no such error on devices that can load samples - mean samples are not corrupted.
not even mk1 gave me that error when I had one.

debatable merit ‘topic’ expected to go south went south

everything except the cleaning issue has been discussed elsewhere so this ranty topic has little benefit - the cleaning regime has been discussed

this topic is now just a vehicle for minor pedantic drama where none is really needed

closed, like the meme dictates - it has run its course