PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Great! The more people who requests this the better the chance that Vlad will implement this and I’m sure it will make Pulsar accessible for more musicians.

1 Like

… and more … eh … like actually usable.

2 Likes

I think he means he can play rhythms on the guitar as sloppily as he wants. After all the point of quantization it to make your beats robotically perfect.

One my new favorite examples of rhythm guitar - the balance between being in time with the band and not sounding like a robot is key to funk.

I’m not really hearing any serious problems with the timing here - well until he starts goofing off with it. “Can be normal machine for pop star, can also go crazy experimental”

Honestly if the Lyra 8 had been available in orange I totally would have gone for orange. The sorta-cream like white stock color looks fine though on my Lyra.

3 Likes

You can sign up for an orange here

3 Likes

As clearly indicated by my Lyra, I have one already, but thanks for the thought

Haha, I’m glad you got this screenshot - I noticed that moment and enjoyed it!

1 Like

i was thinking, “musictech is definitely crushin on the pulsar”

At the moment I am not THAT hyped about the sounds. The YouTube demo with this bettyboo style animation in the background got me really hyped. With the superbooth demos til now I can see myself tweaking this to death but don’t get anything worth the price out of it. Unpopular opinion, I ll probably buy one anyway to hopefully prove me wrong.

2 Likes

I think it looks amazing. Not set n forget but very engaging. It’s interesting how in the video Vlad talks about the different ways of playing the machine as ‘games’ - I wonder if that’s meaningful or a limitation of his English.

3 Likes

I think they are trying to stunt ride the crap out of it in the available time, like the lyra I suspect you ease back a bit and slide gently into madness over 1-2 hours. With a rope tied round your waist so a trusted person can pull you out.

3 Likes

I have been ingesting all videos and demos of this machine because it sounds so flipping good. Not since the 808 have I heard an analog drum machine sound this good!

2 Likes

It’s hard not to feel pumped, I love that it has no quantization, defying the obligation.

1 Like

Hey noticed that too! Kinda cracked me up. Seems fitting to the design in a way

From Vlad’s latest demo on YouTube: available within two months, and the waiting list has 700 people.

3 Likes

Things have gone pretty quiet on the Pulsar 23…

Theyre delivering first batches next month… i cant wait

I’m on the waiting list but I haven’t heard anything recently. Did they settle on a price?

Pretty sure it’s 1500 euros plus shipping.

1 Like

Ooooooft.

1 Like