PULSAR-23 by SOMA

How are you sequencing the pulsar here?

1 Like

These are just the clock dividers and Pulsar’s own looper.

Almost bought a 2nd hand Pulsar today but the guy was asking 2k for it so I said no thanks. The unit’s only a month old apparently but no way I’m paying that when I could get a new one for 2100€.

The Pulsar GAS is real though!

4 Likes

Feel ya, not going that way either. Going to put the GAS out of my head again and focus on what I have and what’s ordered already.

Still want a Pulsar, not in a hurry. Instant safisfaction is way overrated, so they say :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Is this a good P23 demo? Been curious to have another listen as the early demo s didn’t appeal to me and I didn’t look at it after. People keep raving about it here and there though. Listened to some recent examples in this thread. Still not much interested but i might have missed the good stuff.

What do you folks think are the best examples of P23 music/demo s?

1 Like

Been actually trying to keep away from the good P23 examples and haven’t really even gone through this thread but the stuff from fellow Elektronaut @trytykee is absolutely amazing. However, to keep GAS at bay, I keep telling myself it’s his skills + the combination of Pulsar / Nord Drum / OT / Lyra that makes it so great and not the P23 by itself. Which is of course the case but at times my GASsy mind might think differently. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Much enjoyed this one too. Got that dark stripped down dnb/dubstep vibe that i like.

Pulsar + Cosmos

4 Likes

Digging into Rest Sun and I am a big fan already. Great kick drum on Delicate Patrol. For some reason bandcamp started me on the last track, so back to the start I go.

1 Like

I’ve had instant GAS for Plumbutter. But I started to think that it’s possible to make my Pulsar sound like a Plumbutter anyway. So no GAS for it anymore :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I’ll say! If you told me this came from a Plumbutter, I would have believed you. The only thing missing is a dusty, noisy snare sound.

1 Like

Yeah, the snare module is making some block/woody type of sound here. Maybe I should try to use the kick module to make a snare. Well, it’s turned a bit upside down but nevermind.

1 Like

well done! really love the sporadic rhythms, that’s where pulsar really shines

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s sequenced by the Ornament by the way which provides many more cross-modulation capabilities for sure.

1 Like

I just looked up the Plumbutter and found a quote which I felt was ridiculous and bizarre enough to share:

‘Brown bananas are androgynous pulse nodes’.

Back on track though, I am a gnat’s bollock away from buying a Pulsar-23. I’ve been sampling YouTube demos of it via Soundflower and can’t get enough. Would love to hear one in person. Don’t think I can be without one much longer.

2 Likes

Yeah, the world in which Peter Blasser resides is certainly… unique. He’s either a genius or a little unhinged, or maybe both? His instruments are beautiful though, and can be a lot of fun, if they fit your needs. I had a cocoquantus for a while last year. I somewhat regret selling it and somewhat don’t, if that makes any sense.

1 Like

Feeding my Mood and Particle pedals with DFAM and M:S beats has channeled my “sporadic” beats GAS for the moment but the aforementioned gnat’s bollock also exists in the moment.

I think the Pulsar is just residing in a heavenly realm waiting for the right moment to descend into my productive world. It’s nice to acknowledge and feel it’s potential energy without feeling overly compelled to pull the proverbial trigger until it gets pulled.

Such is the misty reality of how some machines come to join the throng and some don’t, whilst some arrive in an instant whilst others bide their time. I am not in control, and that’s just fine :slightly_smiling_face:.

Edit: a pleasant background vibrational GAS also exists for the Coco…but to a lesser extent.

3 Likes

You made GAS sound like an act of love. ”Nobody pulls the trigger until it’s pulled”. Beautiful. :grinning:

My feelings towards the P23 are actually EXACTLY the same.

1 Like

This is really good!
You raised my interest again for the Pulsar!
Damn :yum:

3 Likes