Project complete backup?

I’m wondering about this too. Is there a way to backup ALL projects on my AR2 in one save, or do I have to do a backup for every single project?

solved by closing google chrome on my PC.

1 Like

so, is that the solution for have a samples backup? did anyone do it?

Looks like you can now easily move samples to and from your RYTM mkI and mkII using the Elektron Transfer application. Not sure how to keep the samples with the project data - still using c6 to backup projects over sysex on my mkI

wow! interesting, I did not know about this news, in these days I start to study

Hi,

On the Octatrack i backup my projects by activating USB disk mode and copying everyting on the CF card to my backup media.

On the Rytm / Digitone , how can i backup everyting related to my projects ?

Thanks

1 Like

I think the fact you can’t backup your project or import kits with samples makes this machine a piece of junk.
It’s really a shame as I really like this machine but I think knowing this limitation i’m going to hit it with a sledgehammer.
The whole point of having hardware over a computer is that it makes things quicker and easier and more tactile , this just makes a computer look really attractive again and makes you question why the hell you would want to put yourself through this stress when you can literally press one button for save on a DAW and everything is saved.

Elektron are one of the most frustrating companies in existence.
The worst things for me they have done are this with the RYTM.
No midi in to slice on the Octactrack.
No pattern export on the A4.

5 Likes

I’m trying to backup my project and here is what i’m doing :

1 - Open C6 on the Mac
2 - Go to ‘Config’ and certify both Midi In / Out are with ‘Analog Rytm’
3 - Go to Rytm’s Global > Sysex Dump > Sysex Send, then click on ‘WHOLE PROJECT’, YES
4 - Click on ‘Receive’ on C6

Although Rytm shows a flashing ‘Sending’ , C6 only shows ‘Receiving 0 bytes’ and not happens.

Any hints ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I’m trying to backup my project and here is what i’m doing :

1 - Open C6 on the Mac
2 - Go to ‘Config’ and certify both Midi In / Out are with ‘Analog Rytm’
3 - Go to Rytm’s Global > Sysex Dump > Sysex Send, then click on ‘WHOLE PROJECT’, YES
4 - Click on ‘Receive’ on C6

Although Rytm shows a flashing ‘Sending’ , C6 only shows ‘Receiving 0 bytes’ and not happens.

Any hints please ? I currently have more than 1 month of work with no backup, so i’m starting to get worried…

Thanks !

1. C6 needs to be in receive mode BEFORE sending sysex from AR.
  2. Turn off TURBO in C6 if it still doesn’t work

Tried it, but same result, no data is received by C6… I even tried to plug the Rytm directly on the USB port instead of using a USB hub, but same result, as the screenshot below… Any ideas ?

-on Rytm, in Globals, MIDI Port Config, are input and output set to usb only?

Or

-try midimonitor to see if anything’s reaching the computer at all: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

Or

-Bad USB cable?

3 Likes

Make sure AR is NOT in Overbridge mode.

Bingo, it was set to Midi only… Thank you :smiley:

It’s working now but how do i know how much time will it take to finish ? It’s pretty slow…

1 Like

How frustrating is load every single project that I have to made a backup: If I need to backup everything I will be crazy and lost too much time…

PLEASE ELEKTRON GUYS:
Would be nice to have an option dump the project via sysex without load it in memory in other words directly by the drive, just select the project and dump it!

4 Likes

I just want to reply to those complaining about slow project backups.
It’s only slow if you don’t have your midi in and out set to USB (not usb+midi) in your port settings.
Especially important to watch out for this if you’re backing up multiple projects because each project has its own settings for this saved with the current global settings of the project.
EDIT: sending whole project TO the rytm, however is going super slow for me, is this normal?
EDIT2: next project sent to rytm was fast! I think Turbo somehow got unchecked in C6 for first one. Hopefully that’s all it was!

4 Likes

OK I have another thread about the Transfer app but this question is specifically about backing up. I finally managed to update the OS on my A4 (AR will be next) using Sysex Librarian and now I want to backup my projects, like Elektron tell you to in the OS documentation. The only problem is, they don’t tell you HOW. I hope you’re reading this, Elektron.

I set the A4 to USB and hit Record Many in Sysex Librarian, then did a sysex dump on the A4. Nothing.

Transfer app is seeing the machine, did a sexed dump, nothing. Does it even support this? I have no idea. If not, What’s the point of this app (other than for moving stuff to the machine), surely it’d be useful to have it receive data too?

C6 doesn’t exist - where’s it gone? Never had a problem with C6. How can Transfer “replace” C6 with 50% of the functionality

Downloaded Overbridge and had a look through the documentation. Nothing in there about backing up or sysex dumping.

If backing up is so important, according to elektron, why is it so difficult?

Any help gratefully received

1 Like

Backing up my AR2 is always fast.

It’s really buried now. Had to do a search for C6 earlier for someone else and found it on the Analog Drive support page (second link down):

I hope it isn’t being killed off completely without a decent replacement out there and/or that this is the last thing left after purging all links to C6 :grimacing:

4 Likes

It’s very frustrating, having to find a solution to something that should be easy to do. I love Elektron products, I got my first MD in 2003 so you could say I’m an early adopter, but this backup issue leaves me with a cold feeling towards the company.