Program change to monologue query

Also whenever I live record on any of the sample tracks I can hear a low note on the monologue being triggered. This happens on every track unless I exclusively use the monologue to trigger samples.

Are you in a new project? What happened to the PRG CH SEND setting on the DT?

The PRG CH SEND setting is seemingly activated in the default setting for the project.

Save a project with the settings as you like them and use that project as a template for your future work.

1 Like

You probably have TRIG KEY DEST set to “Ext” or “Int + Ext” in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu. Set it to “Int” instead.

I’ve turned off PROG CH SEND in both my template and my test projects, but whenever I switch between them I still have to manually do the program change otherwise I’ll still have the Monologue patch from the previous project.

If you want to program a specific Monologue program for your project (or, in fact, any pattern in your project) then you can do so in the SRC page of a MIDI track on the DT. This is independent of the automatic program changes that you were experiencing before.

1 Like

I already have my projects set up like this.

The issue I have is that when I switch between projects, instead of the monologue program changing to the current projects SRC state it will still reference the patch from the previous project despite the program change state that I’ve saved in the current projects SRC page. So I have to manually select the patch from the SRC page every time I open a different project.

Should not be the case. I have this exact setup on my desk right now… The DT has 3 midi channels set to control the Monologue. I don’t even have to stop and start the sequence. I can unmute one channel and it changes the program / patch and starts playing. You can’t play them all at the same time but you already know that. You could play multiple patches though per-step, each step having a different patch to trigger.

Channel / Bank / Prog

2 Likes

I recently faced something similar with pattern change with a different Monologue patch on destination pattern. The solution I found is (on destination pattern):

• Set midi channel (controlling Minilogue ofc) first trig as a trigless trig, with your patch change via src page.
  • Use micro timing on 2nd step if you want it to start on the beginning of the pattern.

This may work with project change.
The only cons of this way are:

• unintuitive
  • may be problematic if you need to sequence on all steps, as you will have to micro timing everything, and forget about last step.

Hope this helps :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, this is actually a pretty useful hack.

Anyhow I figured it out! After loading a project I have to press PTN + [X] for the program change to be sent to the Monologue, then all program changes in the project perform as necessary. Counterintuitive considering the purpose of sending program changes, but it works. Perhaps this can be addressed in a future firmware update.

2 Likes

Good to know too, thanks a lot. Yes, it would be nice if fixed in future update.

Oh Dang I guess I didn’t read the op well enough. Sorry!

Ended up with some good info in this thread though so win for he community I guess. Will reference the trigless trig hack if I run into this!

No problem :wink: it helps me to remember I can use multiple DT midi tracks to send multiple lfo/cc to Monologue in addition to its 4 native automation, plug this Monologue in the Electribe2 audio input, split the signal to differents tracks, use different modulations and fxs on each and …
Oh my god, I don’t have (yet) an Octatrack, I would lost myself :smiley:
Edit: I mentally replaced “Monologue” by “Blofeld in multimode” in this post: holy s…t!!!

1 Like

That’s why I love me some Elektron! You can go NUTS :peanuts: with just about anything and everything you own or can own! Oh Sh.t! You can split input to different tracks on the Electrine? That’s gonna be fun. I could split the audio between DN and DT or even make a huge stereo field with just splitting and feeding to the DN and some extra OD and delay and reverb and… you giving me ideas here!!! :thinking: :laughing:

Yeah! I have Electribe2 (the synth). It features 1 minijack input, so only 1 device can be connected.
But I tried yesterday with just my Monologue with a already distorted massive big lead-bass, and could split the signal on 3 Electribe tracks, with differents filters & fx:

• 1 with lp filter and bass boost fx (dont remember exact name
  • 1 with bp filter, moved by a lfo, and flanger fx, sent to master fx (chorus)
  • 1 with hp filter and distortion fx, signal sequenced to trigger just sometimes in a funky way.

Result: it sounds crazy and soooo massive!!! (not the vst :smiley: )
Needs some adjustment but it’s an example of what you can do.
And I used just 3 Electribe tracks, so with 16, with a more complex device, it can become evil! but probably a bit messy, and getting to voice stealing.
It’s maybe getting out of the original topic, but wanted to share this :wink:

1 Like

We need to spin up a new thread - connecting hardware in unconventional ways - or something along those lines. I’ve been thinking about this all morning btw. Totally hijacking the thread (sorry) but it’s just so cool!

Semi back on topic, did you know you can loop the main output of the Monologue back into itself to the input jack? I may just have a weekend of plugging gear together as I haven’t done it yet but supposedly gives it even more growly aggressive sound. Stick a pedal on the output first and probably could make it even crazier.

2 Likes

Hey, nice idea about connecting Minilogue to itself, but I’m afraid of infinite feedback.
Just created a topic as you suggested :wink:

1 Like

Hi there, I have similar issues with minilogue controlled by DT. I have all the settings as suggested in this very helpful topic but: whenever I switch to another pattern with a different program on the Minilogue, the first step sounds with the programm of the previous pattern… It’s very annoying. On the other hand If I send different program changes for every step in the same pattern, it plays correctly. Microtiming is the only solution? because it doesnt seems very usefull to me…

I know it’s an old topic, but is there anybody there who can help me?

It’s also a topic about the Monologue. Do you have a Minilogue instead? Slow program change response on the Minilogue seems to be an issue for some people:

that wasnt exactly my issues… but I will try there