Process through analog, control settings via OB

Is there an elegant way to use OB as a preset manager or librarian, without needing to worry about USB audio streaming issues? I’d just like to use OB as a controller and preset recaller for the unit rather than stream audio via USB.

Here’s what I’d like to do:
I work in a studio environment, no live stuff. I want to instantiate OB in a Cubase session so that when the session is loaded the appropriate settings are recalled on the heat. I use analog I/O as an external effects setup in Cubase to route audio out and back into the DAW.

The trouble is that OB constantly crashes Cubase because of buffer issues and other nonsense. I only need to control settings via USB/MIDI. Is it possible to turn off USB streaming? Anytime I disable it in settings, it disconnects OB.

Have a look through this topic

2 Likes

Nice thread, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it sounds like this isn’t possible just yet. It sounds like in order to use OB, you have to route audio via USB. Bummer.

The session recall feature actually works pretty well, but Overbridge crashes constantly. Any tips on how to gain more stability with Overbridge?