Problems with OverBridge and Analog Heat

Hey there everyone. I’ve been trying to get Overbridge working with Logic x for over a year now. I kept assuming it would be resolved with a patch but to no avail…

Every time I try to open the Heat (MK1) as an effect on the master it says the OS is not compatible and that I must close and downloaded the latest patch.
It feels as though I’ve tried every possible combination of update between the Heat and Overbridge on my computer.

Is there something some magic combination of OS’s? Is it a problem with Logic?
Am I just an idiot?

Any help is very much appreciated.

What firmware is running on the AH? What version of Overbridge? Which version of Max OSX?

Heat is 1.20
I downgraded from the current version 2.0.31.1 to 2.0.21.21 to but neither worked.
Mac OS is El Capitan 10.11.6

Anyone got any suggestions?

Have you enabled Overbridge mode in the settings of the Heat ?

Does it work in the stand-alone version of Overbridge?

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/d/dde43283aeae4ecfefb2f698fdec5b5024c983af.pdf

Thanks for the manual.
its detecting the heat in the overbridge control panel if thats what you mean.
Yes OB mode is enabled in the heat

Sort of. I was more referring to the stand-alone version of the plugin. If you look in Applications\Elektron on your Mac you should see the stand-alone version.

Oh nice one, I had no idea there was one.
It seems to be working fine in standalone mode.

Cool. I would suggest then that problem is with the AU in Logic and maybe the way you’ve got it set up in Logic. Sadly I don’t have Logic so I can’t help you much further.

Maybe review some posts like Bouncing down with Analog Heat and Overbridge in Logic

1 Like

Not having any luck whatsoever with AH MKi.
Latest AH OS 1.2 and Overbridge 2.0.31.1, Running macOS 10.14.6.
Got System>USB config>Overbridge on.
Unit does not show up in Overbridge.
Very frustrated. Any Hints??
Thanks.

Could be your OS? Remember it’s still in Beta… (still…)

Have you tried opening the stand alone app?

Standalone app ?
Got the Overbridge Control Panel up, says no devices connected.

If anyone has it working.
Please send me your configs so i can try the same settings.

I’ve gotten it to work with ableton - Just 0 luck with Logic X I’m afraid.

Works in Logic for me. It a bit temperamental, though – it doesn’t always connect to the Heat, and sometimes I have to reboot the Heat to get it to connect. Sometimes it says it’s connected and you can control the params in the plugin, but audio doesn’t pass through. I haven’t used the Heat since updating to the very latest beta though.

1 Like

Can you see it in the overbridge software? I mean , it’s working in Ableton, for you, without overbridge seeing it? My computer sees the unit on usb, but overbridge doesn’t see the unit.

Yes its detected in the OB software. Thats even more strange. I’ve put Logic not working down to not being able to update it any more (my mac is on El Capitan).

What OS is yours on?
I would recommend contact Elektron about it.
I put in a support ticket at the same time as starting this post but they still haven’t gotten back to me. Might be worth you doing it too though.

I’m Mojave now, I think that might be an issue. Actually thinking of selling it now, can’t use it the way it’s intended. So frustrating!

I’m on Mojave and it works for me (latest OB beta, same as you). If your Mac can see it on the USB bus and you are definitely in Overbridge mode (not USB MIDI or USB Audio/MIDI modes), I guess try different cables, different ports, just in case something weird is happening there? If not then definitely submit a ticket

Thanks, I’ve actually just not been using it because of this! Selling it on ebay now.