Pro VS Mini from Behringer

Preorder on Thomann and Andertons now.

The Eurorack version is called Victor, I posted about it here.
NOTE : They did another rev of it after the one i showed in that post.

Behringer built a real prototype of it, see this post for a picture of it :

2 Likes

The pre-order from Andertonā€™s is Ā£89, blimey!

FWIW I pre ordered the Pro 800 from Andertons and it arrived pretty much the day they said theyā€™d be in stock. I noted some of the Thomann pre orders were fulfilled sooner than the quoted date. So Iā€™d guess if theyā€™re saying end of Sept, the thatā€™s when theyā€™ll be in stock. Iā€™m not saying donā€™t order from them (Iā€™ve had a few bit, never any issues) just that what you see tends to be what you get regarding dates.

2 Likes

Is there are dates for when the pre order will be delivered?

Thomann has been paying extra to air freight from the Behringer factory, thatā€™s how they get stuff so fast.

1 Like

jeebuz. for 99ā‚¬ i canā€™t say no. plus full midi cc :heart_eyes:

could be like a way more interesting and versatile replacement for my roland S-1 - love that thing but i find the 101 sound sometimes a bit too simplistic (guess thatā€™s the point).

preordered!

3 Likes

Fixed thread title.

Sounds crazy good. Been wanting some wavy vintage rompler goodness after binging the x-files (which was wavestation I believe). This is a no-brainer.

1 Like

it must have wifi midi? unless they were acting on the promo video?

they were ā€œplayingā€ a behringer keyboard with USB to out of screen but there was only power and audio cables attached to the PROvs.

Edit: It has usb midi.

Sounds ideal for crusty dungeon synth vibes, just have to run it through tape buried in soft peat of course.

2 Likes

I just came here to make a microfreak joke but reading the thread has ruined it for me.

emu proteus 2. (unless youā€™re strictly referring to the score and not the theme)

1 Like

Yeah more the incidental music! But apparently he just sampled all his romplers and played them through a synclavier??

On topic, does anyone know if the vector joystick is spring loaded or does it stay where you put it? Canā€™t find any videos of the damn thing being touched and then released

1 Like

Say what you will, but Iā€™m just impressed they went with 5 pin din input.

5 Likes

I was wondering this as well. It really looks like theyā€™re using a component from a game controller parts supplier (tbh an ingenious move to hit this price point), so Iā€™m assuming spring-loaded. Though maybe they could also order them without springs.

Thereā€™s a very brief moment in one of the recent videos where they move the joystick and it stays in position. Those joysticks are definitely available without return springs, as Iā€™ve had a device with a similar one in the past.

edit: timestamp

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 2.50.07 pm

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you! I watched this one but totally missed that brief moment. Good news that it stays where you put it, this will be fun.

Ala TG33. Agreed this is a good move

Iā€™m in the process of putting most of my gear in storage and stripping my jam setup way down, but this thing becomes more tempting by the day.