Price increase

Digitone, Digitakt and Heat are now $1100 in Canada. Crazy.

Unfortunately that is the problem. All the cheap old school tech is what is becoming expensive as demand for ARM/x86 is rising. Big reason why cars are feeling the pinch as well. What a weird time

Researching recipes right now.

1 Like

Feels like an economic crisis is rolling our way… steel, wood, chips - soon food scarcity … inflation. The signs are there, aren’t they?

3 Likes

7 Likes

Pretty much.

1 Like

There are lots of false informations in that article. Like container prices / logistics: Prices are up 10x not 2-3x. Also UK has no petrol already … don’t know if that’s a punishment for Brexit though.

1 Like

Filled up with petrol without any issues in UK. Not even any queues. Seen people panic buying on TV in other areas though.

1 Like

It’s been a little bit nerve wracking where I am in East London. Last Tuesday I was late for a job interview because roads were at a standstill in every direction. Queues for the petrol stations were insane.

But I did manage to top up yesterday morning, after a relatively short wait.

2 Likes

If you want to see scary price hikes try buying a house. I’m currently in the process of buying a new home which I’ve saved for and everything is selling for 30 to 40% higher than a year or two ago. Bidding wars are crazy

Then because of brexit and covid there is a shortage on timber and other materials which has caused another price hike in building materials so any work I’ll need done on the house will be a lot more expensive.

Plus home heating has just went up by 30% and electric will follow.

May just sell everything and go live in a cave with an sp404 and bag of batteries.

12 Likes

No panic buying in Northern Ireland either, seems to be mainly in parts of England. You’d think the world was ending with some of the scenes of panic

2 Likes

It s the same in NL. Confluence of housing market liberalization policies, tax rules and low interests due to EU post-financial crisis measures. Saving accounts now cost money, due to corona stock markets and business investments got super risky, and profit on renting out houses is not taxed, so now everyone with access to funds invests in houses to rent out. And the ones that don t have access to it are left eating the dust and coughing up the rent price hikes.

5 Likes

Pretty much the blueprint for society across the globe. Those with money continue to profit at the expense of those without

7 Likes

16-24 month Comte is hitting €40 a kilo.
Things are getting serious.

12 Likes

All the more reason to focus on getting the best results out of the tools you already own.

27 Likes

Wait what? I can t fill the bottomless hole in my soul with ever new gadgets anymore?

22 Likes

The success rate for that technique remains the same.

18 Likes

I’m good with it. Anything that reduces ravaging the planet to its death is ok by me.

4 Likes

Yeah, I picked-up on their “price adjustment” as well… Well it’s all for a good cause (R&D) and I can’t think of a company I had rather give my extra $ to. I’n actuality they’re still affordable.

Price increases are getting a little insane across the board, and I kind of question the strategy here as elektron hasn’t released anything new for a bit and now is fighting some steep competition. That said: 1) the second hand market seems to be holding steady still - there’s a wild gap between used and new in some cases. It’s probably time to look used - I’ve seen Digitones sell in the $550 dollar range, 2) maybe this is a good time to ask “what synths do I really need” and stop worrying about price - perhaps think about the price in terms of “price per use” and not just price. A $100 dollar synth that you never use is far more expensive than a $2000 synth that you use every day.

With that logic, my Elektron gear is by far my most used gear - I’ve thought about selling most other synths and just staying elektron. On a basis of price per use, the value is still there.

5 Likes