Price increase

I went to purchase a Digitone today and noticed that the price increased from $799 to $859 (same goes for the Digitakt).

Going to take some time to think about it. Not sure it’s worth almost $900 dollars.

1 Like

Okay

12 Likes

If it wasn’t worth 859, it’s prolly not worth 799 to you either.

7 Likes

That’s pretty wild. I think I paid around $649 the year it was released. That’s a $200 price increase over four years.

12 Likes

Like fine wine

5 Likes

Prices for everything are up though, aren’t they? The Blackbox and the Tracker are now at $649. The Typhon is at $449. Comparable price jumps. The Nord Drum 3P jumped to $999

I think it’s just prices catching up with logistical issues.

12 Likes

@Doug yep, everything.

$859 is a bit steep, look forward for pricing to come down all around.

1 Like

13 Likes

Yeah, the prices of everything have gone up over the past couple years. And Elektron has generally raised the digi’s prices about $50 a year.

1 Like

Excellent for resale value!

11 Likes

There’s never a good time to buy electronic equipment. Your always paying more for technology.

The fine folks at Perfect Circuit still have it in stock for $799

9 Likes

There’s been a 10-20% increase in quite a bit of gear recently (which has worked in my favor for some recent sales). I had a sneaking feeling that Digitone prices were about to jump and I pulled the trigger on one a week and a half ago at the old price. Glad I did.

That said, I bought one when it came out for $650 and didn’t “get” it, and so I returned it. Regretting that now.

2 Likes

Maybe they need to fund the battery handle recall? Maybe they sold too many M:C and M:S during the sale last month, gotta recoup?

Moog did a similar thing last month, they started a deal for a free case with the purchase of a Matriarch or Grandmother purchase, then a week or two after the sale started, they increased the price by $200.

And things do hit a point where they just don’t quite seem worth it anymore. The DT at $859 is starting to get there for me, but that is all personal opinion. Another example is the Moog Subsequent 25. It recently went from $849 to $999, and that really doesn’t seem worth it.

2 Likes

Looks like the prices haven’t changed yet on the Elektron site, so you can still get the Digi’s straight from the horses potato for $799.

Also to note, on the sites that have increased their prices, the DN Keys has not increased in price.
So the Supersized Digitone Meal is now only $140 more.

8 Likes

How much was the Digitakt at release? I remember it being very inexpensive, glad I bought one at launch and just kept it even when I didn’t use it for weeks or a month at a time.

2 Likes

Funny that 999, was the price of the sub phatty when it was released. But with the subsequent 25 you get paraphony and wood end cheeks, guess it was quite a deal when it was I believe only 750 when it was released.

1 Like

Seems like the price for everything is going up. I wanted a Nord Drum3 but they just went from 700 to 1000 over night.

3 Likes

Yup, I remember when the Sub Phatty was released and it was almost $1000. I wanted one but just thought it was too expensive for what it was. I think it was a couple years later they dropped the price to around $699 or maybe $749 and I eventuality picked one up.

Probably due to the price increase for chips

2 Likes