Price increase

“Not sure its worth almost $900” yea, when you put it that way I can kinda of see your point (if you didn’t check out the 1.30 OS update it adds quite a bit).

On the other hand it is only a a $62 dollar increase. So I guess there are two ways to look at it.

I’ve been questioning keeping my DT a little bit since purchasing an Toraiz SP-16 but I’m not going to jump right on it and sell. Really if they would just give the DT proper time stretch so much would be forgiven.

Where is this horse and how did it come to own potatoes?

8 Likes

Exactly.

6 Likes

International shipping.
Cost to Australia has become so ridiculous that the ACCC has started investigations into the shipping companies.

2 Likes

Seeing as I reckon Syntakt will be a Digi-style box, maybe the jump is so Syntakt will come in at the same ‘new’ price of the OG Takt and Tone? :thinking:

5 Likes

As my Granny would say, “If life gives you potatoes, make platski.”

7 Likes

Probably not because the Digitakt’s chips are as cheap as chips.

Only really mentioned for the sake of more potato analogies…

6 Likes

Stop buying stuff you dont need.

Problem solved.

8 Likes

Inflation is real ATM. Even in Europe! It’s been a long time, people have forgotten that it’s a thing

2 Likes

Not solved. Need was never the question.

10 Likes

Same with Octatrack. I bought mine new, Guitar Center president’s day sale gave me a nice discount too, walked out with it for less than $1200, that was not even 2 years ago. Now they are $1500.

There’s always the 20% discounts that Guitar Center/Musicians Friend throw around pretty frequently if you’ve bought from them before. Or I’ve heard you can get those discounts usually by just calling and asking for a deal from a sales rep.

1 Like

That’s part of it no doubt. But also because there’s a shortage of parts, companies can’t build as many units as they used to, so they might decide to increase profit per unit sold to generate the same income.

1 Like

Oh wow … I got my gear while prices were good. Lucky me

1 Like

Analog Four MK2 also jumped to $1499.

1 Like

Used prices will still be $900 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Never a party to see the prices climb. But, ultimately, it seems like just an extra few bucks for a lifetime of magic with these instruments.

2 Likes

Id say shipping - 2019 cost $2500 for a shipping container from Shanghai to US, today costs $15,000

10 Likes

Well that does it, I will not longer be getting dollar bills shipped to me from Shanghai. I need a new scam for 2022.

6 Likes

I got my Digitone from musikhaus korn for €630 including a deck saver. I’ve had it for over two years now and if it would suddenly going to die, then I probably wouldn’t buy it for the current price, but definitely used for a fair price.