Preview trig note

I don’t think there is. The issue concerns all Elektron machines but there seems to be no new functionality added to the firmwares right now as they are working on Overbridge. Maybe after that.

Thanks!

2nd this. Trig + Yes to preview trig.

Thanks @Elektron!

2 Likes

Trig + yes to preview would be incredibly useful!

3 Likes

It does seem like a good idea! I’d love to see it implemented in all the new firmwares. But Elektron officials won’t comment on where they’re at regarding implementation of new features so we’re in the dark. :cry:

Another vote for Preview Trig functionality.

Yea the workflow on the Digitone is great. Hit Rec, pick step in sequence and push the note button, assign note from the keyboard layout and hit yes.

Wonder why there isn’t something similar for the Digitakt, especially for MIDI. Unless I am clueless haha

1 Like

IIRC you can hold down a trig key, and play a note(s) on and external keyboard to record them. Chords only work with midi of course.

1 Like

Yea sometimes I just want to be focused with a single instrument. Trying to reduce the need for keys. I could use the DN for MIDI out and use its keyboard. I typically pair these two boxes so that could work. DN seems to be a better “brain” so far in the learning process.

It would be pretty awesome if we could use the Chromatic interface (somehow) to dial in a note. Using the encoder for note fishing isn’t very fun heh…

It’s quite awkward to have a Chromatic interface and not be able to use it when programming external gear.

I guess I could give the live recording a try but it’s a bit stressful haha

Thanks for the info!

I have used the Digtakt, own an Digitone and AK and would dearly love that feature too. IMO it is the only real missing feature from the Elektron sequencer, in a complex sequence, it takes way too long for a sound to come around again before you can hear it.

3 Likes

I still dearly miss it.

1 Like

It would be amazing if this was implemented. I made this video to demonstrate how to chop a drum loop if TRIG+YES worked:

Also, another video to demonstrate previewing midi notes:

7 Likes

It looks so real! Excellent job!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad the video was short, because it took ages editing in those sounds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

congratulations !
I thought you were a beta tester
thanks Eaves

1 Like

Holy cow I skimmed through this post and thought this was real for a second. This would be so, so incredible. I’ll probably dream about this. Thank you.

PLEASE ELEKTRON, MAKE THIS A REALITY

4 Likes

Plus it’s really not just a Digitakt issue. All Elektron machines would benefit greatly from that functionality. When I created this topic I only owned the Digitakt but I would love to see that feature implemented on the A4MKII and the ARMKII too!

1 Like

Trig preview would help me get that dream job I’ve always wanted

2 Likes

+1 from me.
also how about an option to save the trig sound by, for instance, holding yes(with an option to add it straight to the sound pool)?

2 Likes

Being able to save a plocked sound would be incredible, especially on the digitone. If you twist some knobs and make a sick sound on a trig, there’s no way to reuse that aside from copy/paste. Huge bummer.

5 Likes