Preview trig note

Hi guys !

Is there a way to preview a note trig on the Digitakt? It’s a bit slow to tune the note and not being able to listen to it at the same time. In play mode, the trig will play each time the sequencer reaches it, but when adjusting a note value it can take a while.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Edited: the same applies to midi and to regular tracks.

I would like to hear the note while tweaking the A knob on the trig page. Possible?

Having same issue…any solution?

Haven’t found a better way to do it than to manually edit the trig note and wait for the cursor to reach it again :smiley:

When recording tho you can go a bit faster by using the chromatic keyboard included or an external keyboard. You can record with or without quantization, which is great.

But yeah to edit an existing trig… no clue on how to do that faster. I would love to be able to preview them.

I don’t believe there is any way to unless there is some super hidden secret

Can you just stop the sequencer, manually trig it while changing the note until you here the one you want, lock that value, then reset to your default note? Seems like some steps but might be faster than waiting for the cycle…

2 Likes

How do you manually trig a trig ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In normal mode, not recording/mute/chromatic, trigs 1-8 will play the default sound of that track when you press them…

For whatever track your working on just press that number trig while changing the note until you hear what you want, then set it back to what it was for your default note, go back to grid recoding and lock the note you found to the trig. You might not have to set it back to your default note until your done with all the ones you want to lock.

Seems like some steps but you wouldn’t have to wait every cycle to hear a different note, I think it might be quicker.

Oh yeah ok I do that sometimes but it’s a bit cumbersome. Plus it changes the default note until reverted. It’s not a bad idea but I would love to preview a trig (like, by pressing a specific trig+yes or whatever). Not only it could play the note you set it to, but also all other parameters!

1 Like

I think if you have an external midi keyboard you can hold the trig and as you play notes it will sound with that trigs parameter locks, and you can change the note with the keys, works on AR…

1 Like

That’s actually a nice tip! Thanks. I have to find a small MIDI keyboard that’s self powered.

1 Like

Maybe wait until someone confirms for DT… Or get one anyway it’s super useful… :smiley:

I will test with the Oxygen 88 it’s just that it’s a bit less portable (25kg) than the Digitakt! :rofl:

1 Like

Did anybody had success on this? I am currently working on it since a saw that feature in the A4 Cuckoo tutorial.

Trig preview would be incredibly useful! I have only a few gripes with the DT and not being able to preview trigs is probably the biggest one. Doing a 64 step sequence and having to wait for it to cycle every time you change something is just so frustrating. Trig review would also alleviate some of the problems of not having a sample slice mode: it would be quite easy to split the samples by just using your ears and previewing each trig.

4 Likes

Yeah plus I can think of some shortcuts that are still unused like Trig + Yes. Would be nice!

4 Likes

bump

The preview trig could really be useful on each of the Elektron machines! I hope it will come on the Digitakt too!

2 Likes

Trig+yes to preview trig would be a game changer

7 Likes

Any news on this front?

1 Like