Preparing for the “Octatrack in 2022” thread

I’m going to plan on jamming out on my Octatrack starting at 11:55 pm on Dec 31st. Will report back if I suddenly stop jamming and turn the machine off in disgust and shame after five or so minutes.

tough luck pussy cat

1 Like

proper legend

1 Like

I’ve just ordered mine this morning, so I’m prepared for 2022 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn it, just looked under my OT found this little guy lurking right near the serial number sticker :sob:

18 Likes

Almost there!!

I’m waiting to hear from our Australian and New Zealand Octatrackers, they will know first :laughing:

7 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

It’s like Y2K all over again! :joy:

Mine won’t be delivered until next week, so I could still cancel if everything’s goes to shit tonight? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Octatrack is timeless.

Can anyone name any other tool they bought, then sold, then bought, then sold, then thinking what to do next, while reading a thread similar to this?

I’m interested to know what will happen if I leave my OT powered on during the strike of midnight.

2 Likes

Only if you use an external clock source, otherwise it works pretty reliably.

4 Likes

Watch out for this guy!

2 Likes

Turned on my OT this morning and all 8 tracks were suddenly stems of Prince’s 1999. This might be a bug but I think it shows this device is ready to rock in 2022.

5 Likes

I’ve been out of town for a week with nothing but a laptop and all I’ve used for music is FamiTracker and Stomper.

I think the Octatrak will be usable for a few years yet.

2 Likes

Where’s the thread???

Go ahead and start it :wink:

I’m not sure, my worry is more, does it sound good in 2022? I feel the "is the octatrack worth in 2022 is another dimension. Maybe we need both? :smiley: