Preparing for the “Octatrack in 2022” thread

I can’t lie—I’m getting pretty excited about the inevitable “is the Octatrack still worth it in 2022” thread.

Mostly I’m looking forward to the greatest hits: aren’t those old effects terrible? Isn’t the sound quality just awful? Should I wait for Octatrack mk3? Can you even buy a CF card any more?

And then there’s the opportunity to relive @sezare56 showing us how to do literally anything with a flex machine :wink:

Good times! I have an alert set for 12:01 on Jan 1st.

33 Likes

The thread feels already obsolete…

9 Likes

We can make it short : yes the effects are still awful, yes sound is still not top notch, no I would not wait for mk3, yes you can buy them but they are expensive.

But this is still a fucking great machine in 2022 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Is anyone working on the “Octatrack in 2021 - Year in review”?

3 Likes

You’re only making it more difficult for users to orderly complain. I mean, if they’d complain in any of the 2021 threads, they might have to face the “Is my complaint still relevant in 2022?” question, which might make the effects sound even more dull than they did already last year.

5 Likes

Feels like a collapsing universe.

4 Likes

While we were focusing on OT a “MnM in 2022” post just slipped passed us!

8 Likes

Is this thread worth it in 2022?

1 Like

As long as it still sounds flat and boring in 2022 I’m definitely keeping mine.

5 Likes

Can someone link to some @sezare56 ot content?

I bet some youtuber is already prepping their succulents, action figure and thumbnail in readiness :rofl:

20 Likes

I‘m still a OT defending Elektron fanboy in 2022. Love me some shitty converters. Nostalgia rules

OT users will be very happy.

cause they have an OT.

3 Likes

Someone make a T-Shirt.

Or get a tattoo.

3 Likes

[related side note] we really need a more extensive merch store.

17 Likes

Ready.

(but I am very unlikely to start youtoobin’)

7 Likes

lolll

I’m still waiting for the DT firmware update that turns it into an OT. They just don’t want to cuz they’re greedy. :joy:

4 Likes

What about the…
“I’m done with Elektron, I’m gonna sell the gear the I bought, that’ll teach em!”

1 Like