Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

There are some insanely talented people here. I used to do a lot of art - drawing, painting, airbrush, printing, sculpting. A severe hand injury put an end (well, a dramatic pause, anyway) to that. Since then, I just dabble when I can find the time. I think I’ve posted some elsewhere on this forum. Here are a couple.
Watercolour and acrylic:

Corel Painter:
Sketch for burning into the top of a Theremin: image
IPad Pro (maybe Procreate? Can’t remember):

Tiny canvases:

47 Likes

This is the cover for my next release, which is a pretty accurate representation of where I’m at, as far as visual art is concerned. I started with a sketch on paper, which I scanned, inked and colored and aged in photoshop with some hunk of junk tablet probably from the Bush administration.

I just started back in school, so overall quality should go up?

24 Likes

Yeah I’ve been tattooing for 18 years

1 Like

Uuh even cooler

What’s the story behind these?

I Like them too

1 Like

i’m always amazed at how much talent there is here.

i posted this thread yesterday looking for, among other things, artist to collaborate with … https://www.elektronauts.com/t/anyone-want-to-start-participate-in-an-artistic-collective/120167

if anyone is interested in exploring the idea, dm me or reply in the thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Not much story to tell… The top painting and bottom three canvases were all done for limited art/record releases but were ultimately unused, as the label I was on folded. The Corel Painter thing (the victrola-looking painting) was done for a band website. The yellow one with the ARP 2600 was for a proposed - but ultimiately unreleased - sample set for the Digitakt.

1 Like

I love the Subtopia line! :grin:

1 Like

You kidding? I live across the street from the old roodkapje place in teilingerstraat.

Know the crew well, too.

(Having a slight deja vu now, perhaps we already discussed this. Sorry, i m having a fever. )

Haha, that’s so cool! Probably we’ve met, I was doing graphic design for them for 5 years or so. Good times! I moved to Norway now. Often miss Rotterdam, best city ever and a lot of parties in the kelder at teilingerstr.:slight_smile:

1 Like

11 Likes

i make all of my promo stuff in GIMP and found it really fun to “deep fry” my friends as well:

8 Likes

This is the center label for my self-released 12” on Process Artefacts. The label was founded whilst I lived in London and I have nr 2 cooking. I did the design. The image is of my wife and I did the coloring, too. It was all pretty lo-fi, I did it using an online phot editing tool and it came out ok. I’ll keep using this theme for future releases. If you don’t like it, I hope you enjoy the music :smile: https://soundcloud.com/processartefacts/praf001-reframe-bahama-ice-cream-ep

13 Likes

I draw during staffing meetings. Somehow, no one seems to mind.

18 Likes

Sick style.

Looked at the insta page. Really cool stuff. Love this one! :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

9 Likes

So much exceptional work in this thread! Keep it coming folks. I really enjoy that artwork you did @Aen. Love the aged look! The android with the keyboard and modular is sick @Scot_Solida . I always love everything @bwo creates! And @phaelam you have awesome 3d skills. How come you haven’t made your own game yet? I know you’ve been in the industry a long time.

Too much good stuff here!

5 Likes

Thanks phaelam!

Wow. Lots of great photography on your site! Love the pinhole photography! I’m a sucker for black and white in general, but that pinhole takes it to another level. I used to do photography using a Holga with a Polaroid backing - the Holgaroid.

Your Subtopia series is incredible too. I love that style. Something strangely beautiful about industrial areas at night. Seems so peaceful.

17 Likes

i make this…

2 Likes