Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

Also Christmas card shenanigans.

14 Likes

instruo arbhar art

5 Likes

There’s something about mountains…

20 Likes

some of these could make amazing stained glass pieces.

a little composition of things that will become other things.

from my studio to yours… thanks for your art.

7 Likes

Someone motivated me to do some lettering again. This is yesterday’s result (it says ”Courage“)

9 Likes

Doing a selfie portrait most days in 2024 for a whole heap of reasons, happy with this one for a change:

Colours are wonderfully vibrant in the flesh but you’ll have to take my word for it as I haven’t got my head round how to best digitise watercolour.

12 Likes

Awesome!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful!
What material do you engrave?

2 Likes

Thanks! I think it came with the lino cutting kit I bought (the cheapest one from Essdee) and it came with two bits of softer stuff. I think it is called “soft cut” or something.

3 Likes

And today’s:

Yes, it’s the same guy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow! Always loved lino cut pictures since a fascination with Escher as a teenager. Never actually thought it was something I could get stuck into, will be ordering a kit! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Definitely do! It takes less time than you’d think. It is a fun way to spend a morning. I think it is quite an accessible way to make art for all levels.

Plus it requires looking at things in a different way to drawing (at least for me) which is interesting/frustrating/exciting when it comes to the printing part!

2 Likes

I made a few attempts years ago, it’s great.
I would like to do it again. Isn’t it annoying to have to change the tools?
There may be kits or each shape has its own handle.
I would be curious to test with a “Dremel”, It could do interresting textures.

Here, “Dremel” on the flat side of a Fresnel lens (of an overhead projector).
Fun to project with.

12 Likes

a drawing from last year ;o)

18 Likes

Honestly I don’t think this is too much hassle. But the pieces are small-A5 or smaller. And considering which cutting tool gauge to use where/when is kind of a nice part of the planning process to break down the artwork into manageable stages.

Lovely lens!!!

1 Like

what a nice wall water heater looks nice and is not located in Manchester

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch! :fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:

1 Like

The little one is a gift for someone, the other two are getting dropped into the usual finished work pile lol.

10 Likes

Some stuff I made recently (I’d love to work in some album art if anyone is interested)

16 Likes