Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

I’ve been trying to get a graphic novel story out of my head for the longest time so I’ve been looking for an artstyle to work with that allows me to focus less on realism and details, and more on the impressionistic/emotional broad strokes, if you will. I think I’m starting to hone in on something that is actually fun, relatively quick to do and looks quite decent.

I’m a photographer, or was at least, and stark contrasts have always attracted me in the way they accentuate shapes and guide your eyes to follow a path or a story in an image, like you would reading a page of text.

My next area of study is going to be practicing five point perspective and extreme camera angles. Kim Jung Gi became a huge inspiration to me after I watched this interview with him.

12 Likes

Hehe

6 Likes

Hello :blush:
Handmade quadrichromy screenprint of one of my favorite place in Netherlands

13 Likes

This is gorgeous, was thinking about getting into this kind of screen printing stuff, but it cost a lot more I supplies than the gel plate did haha.

1 Like

Gonna be at a local arts vendor thing in a few weeks, so trying to crack out some prints of local landmarks to try to drum up some Christmas sales.

20 Likes

Did some watercolours

23 Likes

for paper screen printing it doesn’t cost too much but you still need a lot of equipment (for textile screen printing, my main job, it’s much worse)

I’m intrigued by the gel, I think I’ll try it too :relaxed:

1 Like

You should! It’s super fun and versatile, as long as you like happy accidents, not particularly precise.

1 Like

I like accidents ! :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

8 Likes

Still thinking that photography is not really an art form but anyway:

10 Likes

I love the irregularities of the colour in the middle darkblue stripe of the last one!

1 Like

I think photography is a form of art!
Come here

and here for birds

5 Likes

Quick Christmas gift, this is the bridge onto the island my mom grew up on.

23 Likes

After two years of lethargy I bought a new notebook and started taking notes and draw again.

14 Likes

If you like Moriyama look up Nobuyoshi Araki too.

I like both . I know Araki .
Thanks for the tip

A bunch more of my trees trees trees, some on walls, some on cardboard.

23 Likes

Slow Sunday morning having a go at lino cutting to make some Christmas cards to send out (which will definitely arrive late). A chipmunk grabbing some pine cones :chipmunk:

25 Likes